Which slot 2 card can fit in ds lite and play gba?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Xellos2099, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Xellos2099
    OP

Member Xellos2099 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am wondering is there is a slot 2 card that can play both gba/nds game and it would be a perfect fitinto nds lite? I know super card is out due to the fact that super card was never, ever good for gba game.

2. wepoo

Newcomer wepoo Advanced Member

Australia
    I use a M3 Lite. Fits perfectly. Comes with an extra case so you can fit it into a Gameboy Micro. Plays GBA roms.

3. Xellos2099
    OP

United States
    Is it me or m3 lite is so expensive just by the card itself it is almost a better deal to get a g6 lite.

4. aphexpusher

Member aphexpusher GBAtemp Regular

United States
    is the g6 lite more or less compatible then the m3 lite? are they identical in compatability? I was planning on getting an m3 lite eventually and your statement intrigues me. [​IMG]

5. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    They are more or less the same, only the M3 has expandable memory. I would reccomend the M3.

There's also the Supercard Lite, and the EZ Flash 4 Deluxe, both much cheaper than the M3 Lite. The EZF4 has some homebrew issues, though, and the Supercard lags with some GBA games.

The main reason the M3 is more expensive is the built-in GBA movie player. It's a whole additional set of hardware, and raises the price.

6. Xellos2099
    OP

United States
    Well here is my current setup. I have:

EZ-flash II powerstar 245mb
    Supercard mini
    1 GB minisd card
    Passcard 3

What should be the best solution for me if I want to enjoy nds game and continue to enjoy gba game( GBA got a huge rpg library)

If I do get the M3 lite, I will posbably goign to sell of ez-flash II, supercard mini and the 1 gb card. If I do that Think it would cover the cost of buying the m3 lite as well as 1 gb micro card? Or should I get something like a R4, then sell off super mini, 1 gb mini card and the pass card?

Which would made mroe sense?

7. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    For perfect fit, get an M3 Lite.

If you don't mind 1MM sticking out, and the best GBA support, get the EZ4Lite Deluxe (excellent skinable menus as well)

8. Xellos2099
    OP

United States
    But isn;t EZ-flash IV lite is suppost to have a very hard to remove micro sd slot?

9. imgod22222

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    Im sure the supercard is good enough for you. I mean, sure it takes forever(like 10-30 seconds)(to me) to load a game to RAM,but as of yet, i've only seen one GBA game that i've patched that doesn't work (i think it was Megaman Zero 2 or something)

10. Xellos2099
    OP

United States
    I just want to get somethign that fit nice since the normal gba size cart sticking out in ds lite can get a bit annoying.

11. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Personally think M3 lite is the best choice for flush slot-2. Then prob Supercard lite since it only sticks out like 1mm which is hardly noticeable (have to feel for it). then EZ-4 lite (old), sticks out some but i love being able to use touch screen to select games in nds mode.

EZ-4 lite TF cards are a pain to remove but if you use a corner of a plastic like the Mini SD Adapter's corner then you can pry it out easy (that is if you dont have fingernails like a french hooker) its

Supercard lite TF cards sometimes pop out so i usually stick a clear tape on the slot so i dont lose the tf

the only thing annoying about m3 is their splash screen "This Product is NOT sponsored, licensed, or endorsed by Nintendo."

I would suggest Supercard lite (cheap and flush enough does the job)
    then M3 lite (expensive but very nice)
    Ez-4 not sure how flush the new ones are so cant comment

I use M3 lite and Acekard, FYI Acekard is so annoying OS craps out when it feels like it

12. IxthusTiger

Member IxthusTiger Cruddy's Buddy

United States
    EZ4 Lite Deluxe is excellent with GBA and doesn't stick out. It's not as flush as the cart that comes with the DS, but none of them are!

13. Xellos2099
    OP

United States
    does the EZ4 Lite Deluxe fix the original lite hard to remove micro sd card problem in the beginning? Is it going to be much harder to remove from like supercard minisd's spring mechism?

And where is the cheapest and best place for me to get M3 Lite or Ez-flash IV deluxe?

14. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
  15. Elfish

Member Elfish GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    i got a m3 perfect lite.

works perfectly [​IMG] (i highly recommend a m3)