Which slot 1 DS flash kit do you favour?

Which slot 1 DS flash kit do you favour?

• NinjaDS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DSLink

• DS-Xtreme

• Acekard

• Other (NinjaPass, M3, Neoflash)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jono_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my 2 reasons.

slot 1 -> no patching = download play?

GBA support/emulator?

any 1 give me those, thats one more customer.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got to agree.
Just the thought of a Clean rom playing, drag n drop, no pass device required, expandable memory Slot 1 solution gets my vote over the others straight away.
Hopefully AceKard will deliver (and maybe learn to spell).

None of the others really appeal to me enough to ditch my EZF4Lite in favour of them. The Acekard just might if it fulfills its promises.

htoxad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm backing the M3/G6 slot 1 device that we know pretty much nothing about.

Maybe the EFA people could rise from the dead and actually make a decent DS device.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS-Xtreme looks good, but with just 4Gbits it makes the price way too out there.
If your gonna have a one shot deal card like that, your gonna want all the gigs you can get.

Now if this Acekard actually does the drag and drop function with SD cards, then well, Im sold.
However homebrew is my ulimate deciding point.
Though if the drag and drop thing works well, then why shouldnt Homebrew too?

Still, until either a good SD card slot one device is out or the DS-Xtreme gets a 32Gbit version or 64Gbit xD (not gonna happen xD), Im gonna keep waiting.

Just like the GBA carts, things will be improved more and more eventually.
So it'll be worth the wait.

Xenocide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a tough one. DS Xtreme looks promising in that I won't need windows software to use it, but I'm slightly worried by the non-removable media. The acekard looks pretty damn sweet, but I can understand that DS Xtreme didn't want to scare away people who didn't have an SD reader. Of course, I don't think either one is out yet, and neither have reviews =/

Xenocide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll favor whichever kit gets released in time for Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Phoenix Wright 2)'s release date: Oct 26.

I voted for the X-treeeeeeeeem kit because I'm a mac user as well and so far it seems like it'll work with OS X. I really don't care about the price as long as it plays and saves fine.

Just get the original: http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-3bld-7...-j-70-1iyq.html

On topic: I still don't get the concept of slot 1 flash kits. What do we need them for?
unsure.gif
Maybe you could add a poll option "I'm not interested in slot 1 flash kits."

Well, a few reasons:

* when you already have a gba flash cart it's a bit cheaper, and you can hand one to a friend for a bit while you play somethnig else
* You can use the gba slot for option packs like the rumble cart, opera memory pack, or DS games that read saves off slot 2.
* Running DS games in flash on slot one is a lot harder to detect versus offical carts than running on slot two

Of course if you already own a slot 2 solution, it'd be hard to justify buying another one.

stinkingbob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antarctica
For the people who are speaking out agains the ds-Xtreme because it only has 512Mb:
Honestly, how many games do you want on your flashcard? Realistically, 2 or 3 is plenty enough. Why would you need more. It makes no sense to play 1 game halfway through then start on another and play that partially, then start on a new game!!
Personally, I would be fine with 2 games on a flashcart.
With 512Mb, you can fit a fair number of games on the cart, unles they are huge file games,
but there are not many of those out on the market.

Lastly, the NDS 1:1 is out already supposedly. Anyone have any updates on this slot 1-similiar-to-ds-Xtreme flashcart?

B.

Tank5890

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
While I personally bought a 512MByte cart (the G6 Lite) and am feeling no restriction of space, I have to disagree there. I had my DS on four 3-hour train journeys recently, and I reckon I played no less than 5 different games per journey. To me, it makes complete sense to think "Yawn, I've played a lot of Super Mario 64, I'll play some Tetris/Phoenix Wright/etc." And when it comes to playing with friends, it could either be Mario Kart, 42 All-Time Classics, New Super Mario Bros., etc.

I can definitely see how some people are attatched to SD cards.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
I voted AceKard

It'll do the best parts of the DS-X with expandable storage. The only downers will be that because the AceKard will use its own unique file system (AKFS) as opposed to FAT like everything else, it will need its own transference software to copy across stuff, meaning predominately windows only software. It still looks positive, i'm banking on a low price too, seeing as the DS-X is priced too highly for what its worth.

rice151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
some person mentioned in an Acekard post that we can expect Acekard around the end of October w/ a 45$ Price tag, all speculation of course.
I used to have a G6 Lite, and all I played was Bleach so memory isn't THAT big of an issue. I sold that G6 to a friend for the same price and tossed in some GBA, SNES, and NES on there and he was like OMG!!!11 So, i'm looking to get a DS-X, since the prime reason for me getting a flash cart is Single Card Download Play, and the DS-X does deliver in that department. Waiting to see if Acekard will do the same, and the faulty batch of DS-X doesn't help their cause either.

Lawr.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
some person mentioned in an Acekard post that we can expect Acekard around the end of October w/ a 45$ Price tag, all speculation of course.Â
I used to have a G6 Lite, and all I played was Bleach so memory isn't THAT big of an issue. I sold that G6 to a friend for the same price and tossed in some GBA, SNES, and NES on there and he was like OMG!!!11 So, i'm looking to get a DS-X, since the prime reason for me getting a flash cart is Single Card Download Play, and the DS-X does deliver in that department. Waiting to see if Acekard will do the same, and the faulty batch of DS-X doesn't help their cause either.

what is this about a "faulty batch" of DS-X's? I haven't read or heard anything about this -- got a link?

my vote goes to the DS-Xtreme. It gets right all the things that previous slot-1 solutions didn't (near-100% game compatibility, near-100% homebrew compatability). No more engrish - something that plagued everyone and everything in the flashcart market. The inconsistent (and, again, littered-with-engrish) claims from AssKard (drop-and-drag clean ROMs with their "game loader" -- WTF?!) isn't doing them any favours. And the pictures and video they showed, complete with a blank NDS cartridge with "AceKard" written with a sharpie is seriously lacking in professionalism and credibility.

I didn't like the fact that the DS-X is locked in at 512MB without the ability to upgrade, but at the end of the day, it doesn't affect ME that much.

Transcoding videos from Xvid to DPG has ASS for quality (compared to watching video on an iPod), so I won't be loading the storage up with DPG files.
MP3 playback is decent but nowhere loud enough to drive Sony EX-51s, so *SKIP*. There are no EQ settings, album art, playlist support within MoonShell (unless you consider individual folders with numbered filenames "playlist support". So nada on wasting the onboard stoage with MP3s.
ComicBook DS is great for comics and ImageView rocks for sharing photos.
BeUp, NDS Mail, DSOrganize, AMAP4DS and DSAmp ultimately rock, as they should.
Perhaps a podcast or two to listen to while i'm commuting.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of which fit (albiet snugly) in the DS-X 4Gb with the games I currently play.

A kick-ass, user-programmable/customizeable, and ontop of that, skinnable GUI. Leaps and bounds ahead of anything else offered by slot-1 or GBA flashcart (slot-2) competition.

WAY faster file transfer speeds, unless you upgrade to something comparable to the SanDisk (AK refers to them as "sundisk), lol) Ultra II series, in which case you're way past the optimum performance per $$$ point. If that format happens to be miniSD or microSD, you could potentially end up spending more than the $125 USD for a DS-X.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
what is this about a "faulty batch" of DS-X's? I haven't read or heard anything about this -- got a link?

Just take a look at the Forums.... there are too many topics about DS-X not working correctly for some.

oh, and I'm gonna wait until i see a review for the Acekard, so i can choose between the carts... i intend to buy a SLOT-1 card once it gets out.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
what is this about a "faulty batch" of DS-X's? I haven't read or heard anything about this -- got a link?

Just take a look at the Forums.... there are too many topics about DS-X not working correctly for some.

oh, and I'm gonna wait until i see a review for the Acekard, so i can choose between the carts... i intend to buy a SLOT-1 card once it gets out.
Most of the problems are fixed with the 1.0.2 firmware. I'm sure the remaining problems will be fixed eventually. Besides, all reported problems (except for 'ROM XXXX doesn't work'
dry.gif
) are taken seriously, and responded to in proper English. That's something I missed when I had my G6.. when you send them an e-mail you get some crappy reply on how busy they are, and they often don't even understand what you mean
dry.gif

D

Deleted_11405

what i liked to see is an xtreme card what also fits in a gba-card (like a supercard?) so it would be total worked around the ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill