Which slot 1 DS flash kit do you favour?

Which slot 1 DS flash kit do you favour?

• NinjaDS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DSLink

• DS-Xtreme

• Acekard

• Other (NinjaPass, M3, Neoflash)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Myself, seeing as I have a flashed DS Lite. I prefer the DSLink just because it fits entirely flush and you have nothing sticking out.
smile.gif

Even though the ROMs must still be patched, it's very simple to do and compatibility is high.

rattus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the Xtreme for now, since seeing that video with it connected to a Mac with no patching software... I understand others would be more into the AceKard with it's expandable memory.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I voted the DS-Link and my reasoning is that it is the only one I have found to be available.

I think the AceKard looks excellent but will have to wait until it's released and reviewed to form too much of an opinion.

DS-Xtreme, well I don't think too much of the 512MB non expandable memory. I do like the nifty mini USB connector though. Still waiting for the reviews.

Ninja DS looks promising. I can wait for a version that wont stick out though...

NeoFlash will have to do alot of updating to their older products before I can even think of 'possibly' getting one of their carts. NinjaPass I know next to nothing about. And M3? I thought the M3 slot 1 cart was just a rumour.. has anything been confirmed yet?

Anyway, except that Tony Hawk wont run I'm very happy with my DS-Link. I'm very pleased with the interface which is a major thing for me.

miniCooperS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm with shaunj. I'm interested in getting a DSLink. My ds is flashed anyway, so the lack of a passme doesn't bother me. Plus I have a 1gig microsd card that I'm not using right now.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
my DS isn't flashed and I like the drag&drop thing!
I vote for the DS-Xtreme for now... because we don't really know much about Acekard.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm just waiting to see which one turns out to be the best one. The DS-Link seems the best one at the moment, but I don't like it not having passme built in and having to have flashme installed. If it had passme installed you wouldn't invalidate your warrenty by installing flashme. I'm happy with my supercard lite at the moment, if supercard make a good slot 1 DS kit I'll probably get one.

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
I'll favor whichever kit gets released in time for Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Phoenix Wright 2)'s release date: Oct 26.

I voted for the X-treeeeeeeeem kit because I'm a mac user as well and so far it seems like it'll work with OS X. I really don't care about the price as long as it plays and saves fine.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
DS-extreme / acekard... whatever.. both looks good ;P but still, i'm not very updated on those ^^ i took acekard because of the name hahaha

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Acekard: seems like it has the most potential. Since the Slot-1 cards won't be playing gba games, I'd like to use removable media if possible. The interface doesn't matter to me (as long as the cart plays clean).

I'll be waiting on reviews before I make a final decision though.

rippon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seems Acekard gives good head...line.

I voted for the Acekard 'cause I've been waiting a looong time for a flashkit that at least SOUNDS like it won't require a PassMe at any point in it's usage. Plus, I want something that doesn't require patching, because I'm more interested in development than... well, other stuff
tongue.gif
I already own 23 DS games, I'm not hurtin' for more domestic titles
tongue.gif

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NinjaDS, looked promising.. big dissapointment
DSLink, looked promising.. a little dissapointment
DS-Xtreme, did not even think of buying this one..
Acekard, looks promising!

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'll favor whichever kit gets released in time for Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Phoenix Wright 2)'s release date: Oct 26.

I voted for the X-treeeeeeeeem kit because I'm a mac user as well and so far it seems like it'll work with OS X. I really don't care about the price as long as it plays and saves fine.
Just get the original: http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-3bld-7...-j-70-1iyq.html

On topic: I still don't get the concept of slot 1 flash kits. What do we need them for?
unsure.gif
Maybe you could add a poll option "I'm not interested in slot 1 flash kits."

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
obviously its the nintendo wii. i have many wanks over ther wii even the name oh by the way wanking is when you massage the.... wait. why do you need to know this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Probably like a 10,000 dollar build back then