Which Slot-1 adapter is best and why? Money is not a factor

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by infamouschi, Mar 24, 2008.

1. infamouschi
    OP

Newcomer infamouschi Newbie

United States
    Hi. Can someone tell me which Slot-1 adapter is the absolute best adapter. Or if you can't choose, tell me the top ones you think. I am going to make a purchase soon and money is not an issue. I want to know which one is best and why. Your input is much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Doesn't this belong in NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software?

IMO the Scds1 and CycloDS is the best Slot 1 carts so far, Acekard RPG is also good, but some functions are lacking.

3. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    CycloDS Evolution on top

Acekard R.P.G and SCDS1 are joint second, although they both offer different features.

4. infamouschi
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the speedy replies. I have done some researching of course before I ask this question. I'm looking at the reviews and the CycloDS Evolution's review was on Sep 25 2007 and got a gold award. A few new solutions came out since the review and I am a bit skeptical to know if there is something else better than the CycloDS. For example the G6DS review was on January 5th 2008 and also got a gold award on gbatemp. Would I be selling myself short if I purchased the CycloDS if there were something newer and better? Thanks everyone.

5. Minox

Sweden
    What ever you do, don't trust the review on the Scds1 here on Gbatemp, it's outdated and a new review/re-evaluation is on it's way.

6. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Topic moved to the appropriate forum.

7. infamouschi
    OP

United States
    Yeah I saw the review on that one and it didn't look too good. Also, no one ever talks about the Scds1. In your opinion, you think I should get the SCDS1 over all? Thanks

8. Minox

Sweden
    Or a CycloDS, they almost have the same functions so it really doesn't matter which one you get.
    Scds1 is often blamed for being slow, if someone wants it to be fast and don't care about all these functions, just use hacked DSTT OS instead on your Scds1.

9. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    They seem to be giving just about any slot-1 cart a gold award these days...

Seriously, I'd go for a Cyclo DS Evolution or a Supercard DS One SDHC just for their realtime save features. It comes in handy with some RPGs and other games that insist on using antiquated save points or some of the few games that used password saves(WTF?!).

10. TheNeck

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Personally I like the R4 & CycloDS.

Also check out this article.

11. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    acekard rpg