Hacking which should i get EZ5 or N-card

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
planning to buy a new flashcard from DX not sure which one to get. i am leaning towards getting an N-card or clone because i'll probably play with download play.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd seriously look into something else like at least the Edge DS, DSTT, etc. for cheap cards or maybe the SCDS1 SDHC or Cyclo DS Evolution for better cards.

Actually since your flag is Australia, you'll probably get a pretty good deal(and faster shipping) at OzModChips.com (IIRC - owner posts here occasionally in the Cyclo sub-forum) and he carries the Evolution, but I'm not sure what the other two slot-1 carts that he carried were. [EDIT] Checked, for slot-1 he has Edge DS, Acekard 2(new), Cyclo DS Evolution, and the M3 DS Reals(I'd skip these). [/EDIT]

The EZ-Flash V and N-cards are pretty outdated, along with the R4 DS and M3 Simply. Also it sounds like the latest shells of the M3 Real don't have the pin guides and MAY have shorted out some peoples' DSes. (Probably blew their fuses, but that would require sending the DS to Nintendo for replacement, unless you are able to fix it yourself...)

Also beware of the N5, E7 (IIRC) and some of the other R4 DS clones that have come out recently. They're just as outdated as the R4 and reports say that they have a much lower build quality to boot.

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
unfortunately i'm only going to buy from DX so its one or the other for me. I don't want to spend money on a flashcart with all the fancy features im not gonna use.

-edit. Ozmodchips is way too expensive.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
ive got both of these and i would reccomend the n-card, simply because there is no need for external memory and rom compatibility is 100% and download works good.

superrab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I made the progression from DS-X to EZ5 to AcekardRPG and I have to say that the RPG is the most satisfying of those three I have tried. That being said, you might want to try the Acekard 2 if you are looking for a budget card. The A2 is like an AcekardRPG without a few things that only the RPG has (opensource additions, flash memory)

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i would definitely get the SCDS1 but unfortunately it isn't in stock. I'll email them about it and if worse comes to worse i guess i will purchase the N-card or clone.

-thanks for the replies

4playgaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used the N-card, but I can tell you that the EZ Flash V is a very dated card. While their last couple firmware's has made huge gains to be comparable to other cards, it still pails in comparison to cards within its price range.

You seem bent on DealExtreme, but I'd have to be honest and recommend going elsewhere. In the end, you'd be doing yourself a favor as these two cards are really dated in features. This isn't due to the team being lazy, it's just because the unit itself is old. It was one of the first slot-1 flash carts to be released (if not the first, I don't remember). The hardware has not changed at all since than.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to re-iterate, DX carries all of the cheaper carts that everyone has recomended and IIRC neither the N-Card(or clones) nor the EZFV are the same price, and in some cases more expensive than the DSTT, Edge, Acekard 2, or the SCDS1 SDHC.

If it were me, I'd seriously look at either the SCDS1 or AK2.

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i wouldn't mind the AK2 but Urza said that the Castlevania intros still lag with the Japanese Kingston cards.
So far thats the only reason why i am not gonna buy it. (its a dumb reason)

-EDIT

The N5's are back instock at DX. How good are those? better or worse then R4?

shinset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Giangsta said:
i wouldn't mind the AK2 but Urza said that the Castlevania intros still lag with the Japanese Kingston cards.
So far thats the only reason why i am not gonna buy it. (its a dumb reason)

-EDIT

The N5's are back instock at DX. How good are those? better or worse then R4?

N5 its worse than R4,I suggest you to make a search in the forum you'll find lots of thread about this infamous card

people start complaining about it on DX et YY

juste quote from DX
QUOTE1. No real support (FW) (PS they just wait R4 update to edit their)
2. Drains DS Battery Fast (PS people from YY said its drain a lot more than other linker and may be overheating problem)
3. Rip-off
4. Crappy Clone

I suggest you to look for another card ( ACEKARD 2 looks good AFAIK..known team for age) I dont really care about castlevania intro if there is no slowdown INGAME

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
looks like dealextreme got a good flood of flashcarts again. I'm so lucky i didn't have to buy the N-card or Ez5. PHEW!!

rix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You're right.
DSTT is in stock again right now at DX, and cost less than USD 30.
Acekard2 is also in stock.
Now waiting for EDGE to be in stock again....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water