Hacking Which rev cIOS do I need to install?

hankarlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, Ive recently re-virginise my Wii to Sys Menu v3.2e. Ive made a nand backup & I want to start installing the cIOS I need to play any games that I might want to try or homebrew etc. What Im trying to acheive here, is a perfect setup of v3.2 & v4.0. Is it nessacery to install every rev of every cIOS or can I just install the latest or stable rev's? I was thinking I could install the following:
cIOS36 rev10 , cIOS37 rev3, cIOS38 rev13a or 14. Then IOS 202 for DVD playback with Mplayer etc & Hermes IOS 222 & 223 for better USB Loader GX compatibility.
Is that it? or do I need any more? Is cIOS_fix needed? Eventually Im goin update to v4.0 with wani's installer coz I want to be able to play VC games of SD etc. Ive read all the various v4.0 & 4.1 guides in the tutorial forum. I'd like to be able to have a perfect setups of v3.2 & v4.0 & have nand dumps of both of them, so I have the best of both worlds. Any advice or replys are greatly appreciated.

Cheers & thanx for reading.

Hankarlo

Btw: I have a D2Pro Modchip installed, so I dont need cIOSCORP etc

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hankarlo said:
Hi all, Ive recently re-virginise my Wii to Sys Menu v3.2e. Ive made a nand backup & I want to start installing the cIOS I need to play any games that I might want to try or homebrew etc. What Im trying to acheive here, is a perfect setup of v3.2 & v4.0. Is it nessacery to install every rev of every cIOS or can I just install the latest or stable rev's? I was thinking I could install the following:
cIOS36 rev10 , cIOS37 rev3, cIOS38 rev13a or 14. Then IOS 202 for DVD playback with Mplayer etc & Hermes IOS 222 & 223 for better USB Loader GX compatibility.
Is that it? or do I need any more? Is cIOS_fix needed? Eventually Im goin update to v4.0 with wani's installer coz I want to be able to play VC games of SD etc. Ive read all the various v4.0 & 4.1 guides in the tutorial forum. I'd like to be able to have a perfect setups of v3.2 & v4.0 & have nand dumps of both of them, so I have the best of both worlds. Any advice or replys are greatly appreciated.

Cheers & thanx for reading.

Hankarlo

Btw: I have a D2Pro Modchip installed, so I dont need cIOSCORP etc
on a related note i need cios rev 13a can someone help me

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Look on here for cIOS rev13a and all of waninkoko's apps.

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev...history_state0=

In response to the first question you can only install one cIOS to a number and the default install is IOS 249. So in your situation the last one you install will be the only one installed so install cIOS38 rev14 as its most stable and recent cIOS. Installing several will give no benefits. However Hermes IOS 222 and 223 are a good idea to install for USB loader GX. i think thats everything

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you've missed a vital point about the cios's : they overwrite one another. Therefore, rev 14 ( the newest) is enough, and it should run anything you throw at it. If you want to watch dvds, also install dvdx. Thats all you need.

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
I think you've missed a vital point about the cios's : they overwrite one another. Therefore, rev 14 ( the newest) is enough, and it should run anything you throw at it. If you want to watch dvds, also install dvdx. Thats all you need.
does the wii read dvd+RW?

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats hard to answer. From my experience different wii's will read different formats, although all of them will read dvd-r. Your best bet is to simply change its bit setting to -r and try one out for yourself.

hankarlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
So rev 14 will do even when I upgrade to v4.0, I wont need to install anything else to be able to run VC games or Wii-ware titles? Ive already tried installing DVDx & I cant get DVD playback working in Mplayer. I dunno why, tried every possible config & version of mplayer. The only way I can get my Wii to read DVD's is by installing IOS 202.

hankarlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
Yes, rev 14 is enough. For dvds, make sure you are using the newest installer, which is this one:

http://bootmii.org/get.php?file=hackmii_in...2a19cc45e0290d0

Cheers mate, Ive already tried on numerous occasions, the orignal and the bootmii beta1 & beta2 DVDx installers. None of them work for me. I think somehow theres a conflict on IOS36, coz thats the default IOS that DVDx installs to in the bootmii installer, but when I tried to install DVDx from the orignal patchmii installer, it gave me the option to choose a different IOS for the installation, I picked IOS249 & DVD playback worked, but then apps like Any Title Deleter, wudnt load. So uninstalled it, done some research & I heard about IOS202 & Mplayer. If you install IOS202 you dont need DVDx for DVD playback. Thats the only way I could get DVD's (movie's) playing on my Wii, I still havent figured out why! Maybe someone on this forum knows why?

* I just figured it out (I think) after reading some info over on the hackmii blog. Because I have a modchip (D2Pro), I needed to install patchmii & then install DVDx to IOS254. DVD playback is working now, along with everything else...so far!
Previously I had also read somewhere else that the D2Pro was ment to be compatible with DVDx & patchmii wasnt needed, seemly some guy had a similar setup to mine & it worked for him. I dunno why it wudnt work for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: oh shit where??? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: