Hacking Which R4 card for DSi XL

Ding890

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just bought as Dsi XL and am wanting an R4 card for it. (Used to have one years ago and can just about remember how they work!) I'm just wondering which is the best bet these days?

Would the ones people sell on ebay with like 500 games work? Would I be able to delete the games off I don't want, and add my own on?

I've also been reading about the Timebomb thing which also seems like an issue! Seems a bit more complicated than it used to be!

Not wanting to spend much, ideally £10-£15.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. :)
R4i Gold Pro is very cheap, many of us own it and no one has ever complained; as regards the 'timebomb' (limited duration of the software) just move the console date back several years, or install YSMenu (alternative software), simple but effective; all things repeated hundreds of times. :teach:

Alternatively on eBay you can find an equally cheap 482 in 1 card (which I would like to buy), which should contain ace3ds software, but is compatible, for DSi XL, only below v.1.45: a seller is right in your country. :wink:

Ding890

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi thanks for your reply. Wish I had waited now, but I jumped in late last night and bought one of the 482 in one cards off ebay.

Really hope it works now! If not, I will look into getting the R4i gold one

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi thanks for your reply. Wish I had waited now, but I jumped in late last night and bought one of the 482 in one cards off ebay.

Really hope it works now! If not, I will look into getting the R4i gold one
Kindly, when the cartridge arrives, if you don't mind, report in this thread if it works or not on your DSi XL (specifying which version you have), if it contains a microSD, as I suppose, and if it is possible to remove or add roms.
Thank you. :D

Ding890

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kindly, when the cartridge arrives, if you don't mind, report in this thread if it works or not on your DSi XL (specifying which version you have), if it contains a microSD, as I suppose, and if it is possible to remove or add roms.
Thank you. :D
Will do :)

Last edited by Ding890,

Ding890

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again, the card works fine on my Dsi xl, Version 1.4E. I have been able to remove games (most of them were terrible) and add my own without any problems!

No idea if the card has timebomb on it, but I have put my date back to 2000 just incase.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end