Which PS3 Jailbreak Dongle to buy?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Doyouwantaspoon, Jan 7, 2011.

Jan 7, 2011
  1. Doyouwantaspoon
    OP

Newcomer Doyouwantaspoon Advanced Member

United States
    I literally know nothing about how any of this is done, but I have modded a Wii before. What is currently the best USB dongle to buy for jailbreaking PS3's (specifically one on 3.55). I would like as much flash memory as possible, to make it future-proof to some degree. Any help is appreciated.

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    There's no point in buying a Jailbreak dongle now. The PS3's been cracked wide open and there's nothing Sony can do about it. Give it a few weeks and we'll have a backup loading CFW.

3. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    don't know if any of them really works on 3.55, but anyway it might be better to wait.
    there's a very big chance you can soon "jailbreak" with any FAT formatted USB-stick/hard drive.

4. shadowkillerdrag

Member shadowkillerdrag GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well KaKaRoToKs has recently successfully downgraded from 3.55 to 3.41 but they said there is a chance of bricking the console.

Just give it some time and all will be resolved

5. Doyouwantaspoon
    OP

Newcomer Doyouwantaspoon Advanced Member

United States
    Ok thanks for the advice everyone. I will just wait petiently, and will check for updates every once in awhile.