Which PS3 Jailbreak Dongle to buy?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Doyouwantaspoon, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Doyouwantaspoon
    OP

Doyouwantaspoon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2008
    United States
    I literally know nothing about how any of this is done, but I have modded a Wii before. What is currently the best USB dongle to buy for jailbreaking PS3's (specifically one on 3.55). I would like as much flash memory as possible, to make it future-proof to some degree. Any help is appreciated.

2. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    There's no point in buying a Jailbreak dongle now. The PS3's been cracked wide open and there's nothing Sony can do about it. Give it a few weeks and we'll have a backup loading CFW.

3. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    don't know if any of them really works on 3.55, but anyway it might be better to wait.
    there's a very big chance you can soon "jailbreak" with any FAT formatted USB-stick/hard drive.

4. shadowkillerdrag

shadowkillerdrag GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2007
    United States
    well KaKaRoToKs has recently successfully downgraded from 3.55 to 3.41 but they said there is a chance of bricking the console.

Just give it some time and all will be resolved

5. Doyouwantaspoon
    OP

Doyouwantaspoon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2008
    United States
    Ok thanks for the advice everyone. I will just wait petiently, and will check for updates every once in awhile.