Hacking Which PS3 Hack should I go for?

Kishnabe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an old 40 gig Nand Based PS3 Model and I am getting a Slim 320 gb Move Bundle PS3.

None of them have been moded.....and the Old Phat one is about 4.46 OFW.

Which one should I mod.....is Nand modding harder than Cobra Ode or PS3 Keys(x3ey or sumthin)?

I know soldering is needed for both....which is less extensive(as solderless as it can get) and which is more expensive?

I have tried reading PS3Hax threads...and brain is confounded by the number of options.

Thank you Gbaers....

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ehhm...
if you where to get a 3Key, you wouldn't have to solder.
Just plug and play iirc.
If you want CFW, then yes, you'll have to solder in a hardware flasher (Phatty) ;]

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would either go with a ODE ,(not sure which of the 3 are the best, one) or a flasher for the slim nor if it is compatible non 3k model
nand flasher is not somethign i would attempt, lost of soldering small tight spaces , ODE is much easier to install and it is a more SEN safe option , since your not on 3.55 you might as well go for the ODE

Kishnabe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ehhm...
if you where to get a 3Key, you wouldn't have to solder.
Just plug and play iirc.
If you want CFW, then yes, you'll have to solder in a hardware flasher (Phatty) ;]

WHAT 3KEY no Solder....no way....that not possible. Slim it is :)))))

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Phatties is plug and play for sure.
Think slims is the same.
Atleast it'd make more sense then having to solder in what is essentially a plug and play device.

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phatties is plug and play for sure.
Think slims is the same.
Atleast it'd make more sense then having to solder in what is essentially a plug and play device.

Slims you do have to solder while phats you don't.
as for the original poster i would go for the ode. as for which one it is on you all though i do have a 3k3y on my ps3 and i am loving it

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think psn games disguised in ISO format work, kill me if im wrong and i could be crazy but thats what i think i read. i got cfw so i dont read up too much

ChAoZz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ISO files made from PSN games actually do work, there is a tutorial for that on YouTube:

As for the Installation, as long as you have a compatible version of the 3K3Y then it actually is 100% solder free plug-and-play because it is connected between the drive of the PS3 and the board and not soldered directly on the board.

In the past the 3K3Y needed a drive key dump that you had to make with a cfw ps3 on 3.55, if you have read that, this is no longer required, I can confirm that (at least on the fat ps3 I own) it works without that now

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is everyone on about 3K3Y ?
what about cobra and e3 ode ? it maybe better to wait for e3 to be released and see which of the 3 is the better option ,be nice if someone would make a comparison table chart for the 3 ode when they are all out and the bugs are somewhat worked out

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
ISO files made from PSN games actually do work, there is a tutorial for that on YouTube:

As for the Installation, as long as you have a compatible version of the 3K3Y then it actually is 100% solder free plug-and-play because it is connected between the drive of the PS3 and the board and not soldered directly on the board.

In the past the 3K3Y needed a drive key dump that you had to make with a cfw ps3 on 3.55, if you have read that, this is no longer required, I can confirm that (at least on the fat ps3 I own) it works without that now

Has anyone tried or verified that PSN to ISO works on a CFW PS3? I'm just speculating it might be easier to do that rather than install pkg + reactpsn...

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Question guys...is it possible to added pirated DLC to actual CD game?
No. Pirated/backup DLC usually involves reactPSN that alters PSN record on your PS3. It is more nasty than getting disc based game running. This isn't like PSP where you simply use nploader as a plugin without modifying any system files.
Has anyone tried or verified that PSN to ISO works on a CFW PS3? I'm just speculating it might be easier to do that rather than install pkg + reactpsn...
Never tried it. Personally I stick legit when it comes to PSN. In theory if it works it is better than using reactPSN.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
No. Pirated/backup DLC usually involves reactPSN that alters PSN record on your PS3. It is more nasty than getting disc based game running. This isn't like PSP where you simply use nploader as a plugin without modifying any system files.

Never tried it. Personally I stick legit when it comes to PSN. In theory if it works it is better than using reactPSN.

I do as well (I bought a second PS3 so I could safely get on PSN and not worry about my account on my CFW machine).
My concern with that is: delisted games. Disc games you can get used later on but sometimes PSN games get delisted and then you just can't buy them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz