Which mod do you use?

• Total voters

jinnpan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was just wondering which mod member like to use.
I personally like to use hardmods/modchips

what about you guys?

Free MC Boot

Swap Magic

Modchip - Modbo, Matrix, Duo, DMS, Mars Pro,

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think swap magic can be considered a mod, it's simply an exploit disc, and the word exploit is used because it allow a use of the ps2 that is not intended by Sony, but it's not really an exploit in the sense that the software (Swap Magic) is used as it is intended to be used.

It can also be considered a software when using the .elf file in addition to free Mcboot

An example of an exploit on the ps2 would be 007: agent under fire, which consist of injecting codes that doesn't belong to the game by swapping discs, which is possible because the ps2 doesn't check the authenticity of the disc once the game is loaded.

An other example : the famous SQL injection http://xkcd.com/327/

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have FMCB on my PS2.

I tend to have softmods.
Not because its cheap/free but you have the option to delete everything and revert back to stock without leaving hardware traces.
Also for the fact that softmods are customizable and allow the ability of homebrew to be executed.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For PS2, I like chips. Matrix/Modbo or Crystal Chip. Toxic OS (DMS Pro) is good for hard drive, but buggy, so I do not like.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Free Mcboot if you don't want to spend any money, chipped if you don't mind.

Well, you do have to spend money unless you have a friend willing to do it for free, you have to get one of the exploitable things like SwapMagic, AR MAX EVO, or a exploitable game. And then there's the new exploit with the PS3 Memory Card Adaptor.

jinnpan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$10-$20 for a chip is not bad at all. No need to patch the game plus you get to use CD based PS1 and PS2 games.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have FMCB on my PS2.

I tend to have softmods.
Not because its cheap/free but you have the option to delete everything and revert back to stock without leaving hardware traces.
Also for the fact that softmods are customizable and allow the ability of homebrew to be executed.

My modchip runs homebrew fine, I just press one of the trigger buttons at launch and I launch ulaunchelf
though that can be annoying
combo of modchip+fmcb is good, especially since modchips have complete compatibility with no patching and ps1 games

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Using FMCB to boot HDLoader.
Both my PS2:s are chipped, but I never use that functionality, got no reason play games from discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn