Gaming Which Pokemon Game should I buy?

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I know this is probably a stupid question but I been getting into the Pokemon series. Just to fill you in with information I have never played a legitmate Pokemon game (Besides Pokemon Go, Pokemon Picross, Rumble, etc...) I'm talking about games like Pokemon X & Y, Sun & Moon, Diamond & Silver, etc...

The reason I am asking is becuase I want to get an enjoyable game I can enjoy. I found it stressful trying to see which 3DS Pokemon Games are worse-better than others becuase I have never played Pokemon again,

Here's what mechanics I would enjoy playing with;
-I'm not to picky about how "3D" the game is, as long as it's a 3DS Title

-Willing to pay about $20 - 40 for a digital copy of the game

-Story is intresting & plot

-You can customize your character (Such as adding other clothes instead of being stuck with the default clothes you start out with.)

-Has other extras like Player Search System, trading, etc...

-I would highly prefer if digital copy's of the game(s) were avilable just becuase of easy portabillity. (Unless it was DS Title not yet on the eShop.)

It would help me out a lot :P.
Thanks,

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well you only get to pick between X/Y and OR/AS if you're looking for a 3DS title. I suggest you go for OR/AS though, great remake :D

EDIT: The only thing you can't do in OR/AS is customize your character, so if it's a really important feature to you, go with X/Y instead. Both are great games, I just found OR/AS a bit more enjoyable.

Last edited by Kinqdra,

wsh1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well you only get to pick between X/Y and OR/AS if you're looking for a 3DS title. I suggest you go for OR/AS though, great remake :D

Yeah I agree on OR/AS being the better side of the current 3DS games, but for the player customization you would be stuck at X/Y or Sun/Moon once they release. However, if I were to advice you on this, go for OR/AS anyway, you miss out on player customization but it makes up for that big time on other things like 'soaring' (which in my opinion is the way the HM fly should have worked way earlier) and storyline (in my opinion the Hoenn series has one of the best storylines of all games and like Kingdra said: great remake)

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
You can customize your character (Such as adding other clothes instead of being stuck with the default clothes you start out with.)

If you really want this, go for Pokémon X/Y, otherwise you can get Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, which is the latest and is a good game.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
-Story is intresting & plot probably ORAS

-You can customize your character (Such as adding other clothes instead of being stuck with the default clothes you start out with.) XY only

-Has other extras like Player Search System, trading, etc... XY/ORAS

-I would highly prefer if digital copy's of the game(s) were avilable just becuase of easy portabillity. (Unless it was DS Title not yet on the eShop.) XY/ORAS are 3DS titles. Sun and Moon are next.

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Well SM hype seems positive and just 3 months too wait, if you don't want to wait ORAS is good ( i mean XY have repetitive story personally didn't like it )

papryab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I know this is probably a stupid question but I been getting into the Pokemon series. Just to fill you in with information I have never played a legitmate Pokemon game (Besides Pokemon Go, Pokemon Picross, Rumble, etc...) I'm talking about games like Pokemon X & Y, Sun & Moon, Diamond & Silver, etc...

The reason I am asking is becuase I want to get an enjoyable game I can enjoy. I found it stressful trying to see which 3DS Pokemon Games are worse-better than others becuase I have never played Pokemon again,

-You can customize your character (Such as adding other clothes instead of being stuck with the default clothes you start out with.)

-I would highly prefer if digital copy's of the game(s) were avilable just becuase of easy portabillity. (Unless it was DS Title not yet on the eShop.)

Thanks,

There are somethings in OR/AS that arent compatable with X/Y and these things are quite commonly used now as most of the community moved up so for online play OR/AS wins.

I have only played enough of X/Y to really give a large analysis but imo X/Y isnt a strong game in the series, not sure about OR/AS yet.

Last edited by papryab,

papryab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have always picked Piplup, but I got a japanese Chimchar in GTS once in my Diamond I think that I transferred and that I now use in OR

Ah piplum is really good.
Aw i wish i could transport my original tirtwig up to 6th gen but i never had any 5th gen games to do it with :(

Reactions: guisadop

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are somethings in OR/AS that arent compatable with X/Y and these things are quite commonly used now as most of the community moved up so for online play OR/AS wins.

I have only played enough of X/Y to really give a large analysis but imo X/Y isnt a strong game in the series, not sure about OR/AS yet.
So is X/Y less capable of online play, or OR/AS

And just to understand here;
Pokemon OR/AS, ORAS, and XYORAS is Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Saphire XYORAS is Pokemon X, Y, and Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire?

It seems stressful to pick between the game(s) in my opinuion.

papryab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So is X/Y less capable of online play, or OR/AS

And just to understand here;
Pokemon OR/AS, ORAS, and XYORAS is Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Saphire XYORAS is Pokemon X, Y, and Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire?

It seems stressful to pick between the game(s) in my opinuion.

Same online capabilities but X/Y cant always communicate with OR/AS due to OR/AS having exclusives that cant be found in X/Y and most of the community moved to OR/AS meaning its easier to get communication.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same online capabilities but X/Y cant always communicate with OR/AS due to OR/AS having exclusives that cant be found in X/Y and most of the community moved to OR/AS meaning its easier to get communication.

Oh alright. I also had one other question which was the exclusive Pokemon... Can you transfer to another game? So if I complete ORAS will I be able to transfer the exclusive Pokemon to another Pokemon game or nah?

papryab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh alright. I also had one other question which was the exclusive Pokemon... Can you transfer to another game? So if I complete ORAS will I be able to transfer the exclusive Pokemon to another Pokemon game or nah?

if transfering up probably yes, but if its a mega or a pokemon with a move introduced in OR/AS then it wont be able to be moved to X/Y

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ORAS is a great game, altough there's not much character customization(if any), it has never been the focus of the Pokémon series. As far as RPG stories go Pokémon isn't that great, sure there's a story, but if the game didn't have one you'd hardly notice it, the story in Pokémon is kind of irrelevant. That said, ORAS is probably the best Pokémon game out right now and has all the latest features, so you know it's compatible with everything. If you're looking to get into the series without spending money, I'd suggest emulating the original Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire on your phone or pc, it's the simplest version of the core concept of pokémon which doesn't feel dated. If you want to pick up a DS pokémon game, definitely buy Pokémon Black/White, it has an actual good story(an exception for the series) and is the best pokemon game on the DS, it's kind of underrated so you can probably find it for cheap.

dradonhunter11

French o-MEGA modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks,
If you want great game, go on platinum, it actually first pokemon game I ever played and I had lot challenge (especially because I was a noob at that time), sadly no customization or pss, neither online.
If you want one with 3d graphic and that can be easily modded, go for 6g game. X/Y is great but story kinda meh, it have lot of special of feature (like lumiose city taxy and thing, the battle castle (if I'm right, the one on day-care route), trainer customization, etc...), mega evolution!.

If you want a remake, go for ORAS, it have ton of legendary, 2 day-care for breeding comp pokemon (lol), story is interesting, more mega evolution than X/Y, no customization, 2 team to fight, if you like mod, there is lot of mod and romhack, and lot more.

D

Deleted User

Think it's best to warn you now, if you're looking for a Pokemon game with a strong/interesting story, it doesn't exist - closest that Pokemon has come is Black/White/Black2/White2 on the original DS and even that was very basic story, just more indepth than the other games (not difficult though). Although Sun/Moon looks like it might be changing things in that area.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.