which pokemin to buy as a gift for a newbie to pok

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by test84, Sep 2, 2007.

1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    my pokemon experience is limited to Rangers and some Dash and i havent played leaf green or red or rescue teams.
    As I investigated, Diamond is seems more popular, since I dont know which one is better, would a veteran please explain their differences and tell me which one is better, dont want to upset anyone.
    i made a topic before and someone told me they have different monsters in it, so all the game events, stories, bosses and dialogs are same and just monsters are different? if yes, how much percent is unique to each version.

thnx ppl. [​IMG]

p.s. chimpokemon episode of South Park WAS great.

2. HellShade

Member HellShade GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The difference is mainly in exclusive pokemon and legendaries. Honestly, the difference between the two versions is minimal. Get whichever you want, because the GTS and WFC makes it easy to get the pokemon you need.

Besides, even so if you're new, you're probably not into competitive battling at all.

3. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    There is like almost no difference whatsoever.
    Just a marketing scheme from Nintendo - so you'll want to collect both versions.

All it is Palkia is on Pearl and Dalgia on Diamond (those are the legendaries) and maybe a few other insignificant Pokemanz.

[​IMG]

4. Trulen

Member Trulen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If your friend would prefer something manly over something girly, get Diamond.

Since... Pearls are often associated with girls.
    Diamonds are unisex.

But other than that, any of them are up for grabs.