Which Pokémon games work on the SuperCard DSTWO?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Mon-keigh, May 18, 2014.

1. Mon-keigh
    OP

Mon-keigh Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2012
    It has been forever since I last played a Pokémon game, so I decided to start a new file on an American Pokémon Platinum ROM (I thought American ROMs might have slightly better compatibility).

The game froze roughly two hours into the game and would consistently freeze shortly after every reload. I thought save states might have been the culprit which prompted me to start again from scratch.

About one and a half hours into the game, it started freezing again. I have almost given up on this ROM and I would like to know if anyone has had any luck getting Pokémon games on the DSTWO to run flawlessly, and if so could they please tell me which game it was and what region it came from.

2. CompC

CompC GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    DS games should work completely perfect on a DSTWO so something is definitely the problem. I don't know what it is, but it shouldn't be crashing.

3. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    It was most likely the rom itself. The DSTWO shouldn't have any problem whatsoever with pokemon games (especially platinum, that didn't have any anti pirate measures)

4. Mon-keigh
    OP

Mon-keigh Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2012
    I believe it was a faulty Micro SD card (Class 4 SanDisk). I went out and bought a new Micro SD (Class 10 Amicroe) and the freezing seems to have gone away but now I get lag between events and when going through the bag.

I assume this is just because the read speeds are slow on the new card. I still have the receipt and I am going to try exchanging it for a card with faster read speeds.

5. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Make sure you dont have "patched" mode turned on.

6. Krakatau

Krakatau Nintendo 3DS XL

Nov 10, 2012
    Belgium
    Probably all of them should work?

7. Mon-keigh
    OP

Mon-keigh Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2012
    Yeah, like I said in my last post, it turned out to be the Micro SD card. I have had no issues with freezing since I got my new card.

8. razielleonhart

razielleonhart RazzyDee

May 21, 2008
    All pokemon games from GameBoy to the DS work like a champ on the DStwo

9. Krakatau

Krakatau Nintendo 3DS XL

Nov 10, 2012
    Belgium
    Couldn't describe it better. =)