Which phone to get?

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive currently got a iPhone 4 32gb but thanks to apple being a pain in the ass im getting fed up of it.
The lack of userability is the main reason, theres very little customization available and i cant even send or recieve pictures via Bluetooth

So i'm looking for a new phone some of the features that are a must are
  • A big hard drive space at least 8gb (though not essential as I can get a 16gb micro sd so that needs to be compatible atleast)
  • I need a good battery life, iPhone 4 will allow me to listen to music the whole day which is good as I travel alot, so I need something that won't die after 3-4 hours of music playback while playing games at the same time
  • Need a good camera, iPhone 4 has 5mp but the quality is terrible its more like a 3 and god forbid if you move a little while taking a photo
  • This isn't neccesary but would be good, good audio quality, thats one thing I can't fault iPhone on the audio quality is amazing especially with my sennhesier headphones
So any suggestions anyone

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I got the SE Satio since the beginning 2010.

It came with an 8GB mSD, 12 MPix camera and a quite good battery.
It does still use Symbian S60 as it's OS tho.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ive currently got a iPhone 4 32gb but thanks to apple being a pain in the ass im getting fed up of it.
The lack of userability is the main reason, theres very little customization available and i cant even send or recieve pictures via Bluetooth

• A big hard drive space at least 8gb (though not essential as I can get a 16gb micro sd so that needs to be compatible atleast)
  • I need a good battery life, iPhone 4 will allow me to listen to music the whole day which is good as I travel alot, so I need something that won't die after 3-4 hours of music playback while playing games at the same time
  • Need a good camera, iPhone 4 has 5mp but the quality is terrible its more like a 3 and god forbid if you move a little while taking a photo
  • This isn't neccesary but would be good, good audio quality, thats one thing I can't fault iPhone on the audio quality is amazing especially with my sennhesier headphones

The Galaxy Nexus is good (battery life isn't THAT good, especially because of LTE, but spare batteries are a godsend). Camera is very good (despite only being 5MP, it rivals the 4S which is supposed to be one of the best) and has extremely fast shutter speed, so the movement thing isn't an issue.
Apparently the Nexus also has a good DAC (not as good as the Wolfson WM8994 that the original Galaxy S series as well as the Tab and some other devices have, but still decent), so sound quality should be good (don't quote me on that though, I'd research).
Of course, Verizon only, and sadly no microSD slot. But I saw a friend with it the other day, and it is really that good.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I have no problem sending and receiving pictures via bluetooth, and when it comes to customization and all, jailbreaking sounds like what you're looking for. I have an iphone 4S and the camera is awesome.
But if you're really set on changing phones I've recently been looking into android phones that do pretty much what you ask, it seems like a good alternative. I'm sure higher-end galaxy phones will please you

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have no problem sending and receiving pictures via bluetooth, and when it comes to customization and all, jailbreaking sounds like what you're looking for. I have an iphone 4S and the camera is awesome.
But if you're really set on changing phones I've recently been looking into android phones that do pretty much what you ask, it seems like a good alternatives. I'm sure higher-end galaxy phones will please you
I had a galaxy s 2 before i got the iPhone 4 and felt the screen to big, it didnt sit right in my hands and tbh i nearly dropped it a few times, ok the 4.3inch screens are nice to look at but im only small and i think they were designed for giants

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But if you're really set on changing phones I've recently been looking into android phones that do pretty much what you ask, it seems like a good alternatives. I'm sure higher-end galaxy phones will please you
I had a galaxy s 2 before i got the iPhone 4 and felt the screen to big, it didnt sit right in my hands and tbh i nearly dropped it a few times, ok the 4.3inch screens are nice to look at but im only small and i think they were designed for giants

Your only options that are good are either the 4S or one of these phones (all the high-end Android phones have at least 4" screens). Haven't taken a good look at WP7 phones, but the general trend is that screen sizes are going up.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Galaxy Nexus is good (battery life isn't THAT good, especially because of LTE, but spare batteries are a godsend). Camera is very good (despite only being 5MP, it rivals the 4S which is supposed to be one of the best) and has extremely fast shutter speed, so the movement thing isn't an issue.
Apparently the Nexus also has a good DAC (not as good as the Wolfson WM8994 that the original Galaxy S series as well as the Tab and some other devices have, but still decent), so sound quality should be good (don't quote me on that though, I'd research).
Of course, Verizon only, and sadly no microSD slot. But I saw a friend with it the other day, and it is really that good.
The Galaxy Nexus does not have a good camera, the camera app, the software powering the camera, is quite excellent, but the sensor itself is average, not near as good as the S II's camera (or the iPhone 4/4s' camera).

It's Verizon only through carriers, but the unlocked version of the Galaxy Nexus will work with AT&T or T-Mobile once you put the SIM card in.

I'd honestly recommend jailbreaking your iPhone as Costello suggested, your customization can be vastly expanded after jailbreaking. However, I'm not sure about your usability problems, care to clarify?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.