Which Persona 3 Version should I play?

Solution
Fes is pretty much the regular version with a few upgrades such as an epilogue story. PSP has some downgrades and some upgrades from Fes. PSP lets you control all of your party members and lets you play as a female character which changes the story slightly. But the PSP version has no 3dworld and instead you move around with a cursor except for Tartarus which is still 3d. Because of this, I recommend that you play FES first. Then if you want to play a 2nd time then play portable as the female character. EDIT: Also forgot to mention that portable has no cutscenes as well.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fes is pretty much the regular version with a few upgrades such as an epilogue story. PSP has some downgrades and some upgrades from Fes. PSP lets you control all of your party members and lets you play as a female character which changes the story slightly. But the PSP version has no 3dworld and instead you move around with a cursor except for Tartarus which is still 3d. Because of this, I recommend that you play FES first. Then if you want to play a 2nd time then play portable as the female character. EDIT: Also forgot to mention that portable has no cutscenes as well.

Solution

MegaV2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
FES with the controllable party member mod
Portable has actually some new additions, but the downgrades are way too harsh. Its best selling point was controllable party members, but thanks to that mod, it's no longer exclusive to portable.

Nobody_Important4u

Barely real
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Fes.

Jesus christ the awakining is so lame in portable without animated cutscene and the beggning of the game in general is much more lame.

The psp lets you Control party members directly but the game was built around the ai party members so it's not bad as long as you actually use the commands.

Yeah the 3D may become pretty boring after some time but the 2D visual novel thingy becomes boring much faster and the scenes are so much better when you can see what is actually happening.

The epiloge "answer" is pretty bad but it's there in fes version at least.

Beyond the female protagonist (which is actually pretty good) there's not much else, like some teachers have a portrait now and there's an extra save point in your desk at school but you can live without that, there are skill cards now but they don't fit in p3 in my opinion, there are more Elizabeth quests but no one cares about that and there are apparently some refrences to persona 4 now but it's nothing ground breaking.

In short Play fes, and if you ever want to Play the game again you can Play female protag in psp version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)