Which one to choose? PS Vita or 3DS

Which one would you choose? (please show your opinion)

• Total voters

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't get a 3DS

It's just a PSP with 3D and 2 screens, but without blood, guns or sex games

it is also not hardcore, so are you mature?? get a PSV, or are you kid!?

and PSV has better graphics, don't forget about that one

don't ask about me, I only got a 3DS because I am an immature kid who likes Nintendos terrible kiddy games, and don't tell my parents I'm on the internet, they don't know it

LoL!! depends on your tastes, I personally love the 3DS, I'll only think about getting a PSV if it gets a huge enough exclusive, 3D is amazing and Nintendo's games are the best as always (just my opinion)

dhusui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
don't get a 3DS

don't ask about me, I only got a 3DS because I am an immature kid who likes Nintendos terrible kiddy games, and don't tell my parents I'm on the internet, they don't know it

LoL!! depends on your tastes, I personally love the 3DS, I'll only think about getting a PSV if it gets a huge enough exclusive, 3D is amazing and Nintendo's games are the best as always (just my opinion)
I like your opinion about nintendo's game being the BEST! Even though I am High schooler I like Nintendo becuz of it's games. That's why I am so frustrated to stick to good old Nintendo or new fascinate looking Sony

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol..I'm seriously thinking about putting this in my signature.

Ontopic:

@OP, The best way to solve your problem is buy both. Since the 3DS is out now and can be found for around $100 on craigslist, buy it first, than save up for a PS Vita.
Yeah, because his post was so genius and add a bunch to the discussion. Notice he only said something about me when I had feelings against the psv.
If I post the exact opposite, you two wouldn't have said nothing. Only people that may be showing anything is you two.
Trolls

Plus what happen to that," I'm feel like selling my 3ds" comment ? You are recommending something you said you may sell?
Where the change coming from? This thread?

No, it's not a hassle at all.

You buy the vita, and surprise surprise there likely will be some memory cards right beside where you bought your vita. If you call 5 seconds of effort a hassle, you're one lazy bastard.

Unless you're simply using the wrong word here. The 3DS is cheaper, but that doesn't equate very well to how fun or unfun the device will be.
Maybe I'm using the wrong word here and yes cheaper doesn't = fun. Having it be both tho is awesome.

Let me put it this way, why can I just take my psp card and use it on the psv?Now I have to buy these overprice memory cards that can only be used on one device. The only way to fully use the psv at the beginning is to buy these cards since some games require it.

That may somehow be water under the bridge(?) to some people,but not me.

@op I got something to say now, wait to cheaper cards or adapters come out for the psv then get the psv as well.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
lol..I'm seriously thinking about putting this in my signature.

Ontopic:

@OP, The best way to solve your problem is buy both. Since the 3DS is out now and can be found for around $100 on craigslist, buy it first, than save up for a PS Vita.
Yeah, because his post was so genius and add a bunch to the discussion. Notice he only said something about me when I had feelings against the psv.
If I post the exact opposite, you two wouldn't have said nothing. Only people that may be showing anything is you two.
Trolls

Plus what happen to that," I'm feel like selling my 3ds" comment ? You are recommending something you said you may sell?
Where the change coming from? This thread?
Cry. More.

You posted a typical Nintendo fanboy post saying how the 3DS is less hassle than the Vita so I just pointed it out.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the whole hardcore thing is getting old i remember when it started it dint make sense them and still not making sense today

D

Deleted User

hmm the one with the games you like,
i chose the 3ds cuz i want kh 3d >_>

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
the whole hardcore thing is getting old i remember when it started it dint make sense them and still not making sense today

Of course it didn't, especially when you conscider the fact that 60% of DS games were Shovelware, 20% were JRPG's, 15% were puzzles or puzzle-based adventure games and finally the very last 5% were games coscidered "Hardcore", and among those "shining" titles was Call of Duty games, Star Wars games and a few misc. shooters, as opposed to the PSP which has the direct opposite of such a library - it lacks puzzles and puzzle-oriented games with the exception of Lumines and Loco Roco, it has little JRPG's but instead it's truly action-packed with titles like Monster Hunter, TPP and FPP shooters and a real cavalcade of action games.

Two consoles, two different approaches towards gaming. You have to blind not to see that the DS is far more "casual" than the PSP and it tries to be multi-oriented instead of being directed to a single "crowd" of people. Its specs simply didn't allow "hardcore game" programmers to spread their wings with the usual "fireworks" so common in action games directed towards the "hardcore" crowd. The PSP allowed that, but without a touchscreen naturally it lacked the features prominent in so many puzzle and casual games on the DS.

It's easy to say that there is no distinction when you don't know the definition of a "hardcore" game.

EDIT: Minor grammar fixes.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Of course it didn't, especially when you conscider the fact that 60% of DS games were Shovelware, 20% were JRPG's, 15% were puzzles or puzzle-based adventure games and finally the very last 5% were games coscidered "Hardcore", and among those "shining" titles such as Call of Duty games, Star Wars games and a few misc. shooters, as opposed to the PSP which has the direct opposite of such a library - it lacks puzzles and puzzle-oriented games with the exception of Lumines and Loco Roco, it has little JRPG's but instead it's truly action-packed with titles like Monster Hunter, TPP and FPP shooters and a real cavalcade of action games.

Two consoles, two different approaches towards gaming. You have to blind not to see that the DS is far more "casual" than the PSP and it tries to be multi-oriented instead of being directed to a single "crowd" of people. Its specs simply didn't allow "hardcore game" programmers to spread their wings with the usual "fireworks" so common in action games directed towards the "hardcore" crowd. The PSP allowed that, but without a touchscreen naturally it lacked the features prominent in so many puzzle and casual games on the DS.

It's easy to say that there is no distinction when you don't know the definition of a "hardcore" game.

logic is damage cant understand you

i am a walker i walk everyday i am hardcore ? i am a eater i eat everyday am i a hardcore eater ? can i be a casual eater ?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
logic is damage cant understand you

i am a walker i walk everyday i am hardcore ? i am a eater i eat everyday am i a hardcore eater ? can i be a casual eater ?

You clearly have a problem with reading and with comperhending the distinction between hardcore and casual, so I'll use your own argument againts you.

You are walking everyday, but you can treat walking like a sport, thus you are a sportsman. You could also treat it as standard means of transportation, which makes you an everyday Joe. You eat everyday, but what do you eat exactly? If you have a preference for Fast Food then you are a Fast Food eater. If you prefere to eat out rather than eat at home, you're obviously a person who frequents restaurants. If you prefere home-made meals then hell yes you are a casual eater. Is that easy enough to comperhend or should I break it down a little bit more? Y'know what? I will.

Casual Clothes + "Smart" Clothes = The Collective of Clothes

Spaghetti + Pizza + (...) = The Collective of Food of Italian Origin

Hardcore Gamers + Casual Gamers = The Collective of Gamers

Reactions: 4 people

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh god don't even bother.

The day Valwin actually understands something and isn't a retard in every conversation he partakes in is the day hell freezes over, releasing zombie mutagen carrying flying pigs to deliver the apocalypse.
He doesn't understand, and no matter how much you simplify it, he still wont understand.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't believe in lost causes and I can understand that someone may be a fanboy, but it's worth to be at least a tiny bit objective in your fanboyism and acknowledge the arguments of "the other side".

I always thought the DS was inferior to the PSP on the pure hardware basis, yet I turned out to buy the DS *before* I bought a PSP since I had a pleasant experience playing on my girlfriend's DS, plus, I was always a huge GameBoy fan so I saw no further reasons to doubt that the DS will give me lots of "fun".

At the same time though I was aware of its faults. Hell, I was aware of Wii's faults when I bought one, and still I bought it regardless of the fact that the PS3 was way more powerful (next planned purchase) but as one of the apparently few I truly enjoy using the WiiMote and graphics never bothered me. You could call me a Nintendo Fanboy since I've had every single console of theirs since the GameBoy Colour, but I acknowledge their faults and left and right I speak out my opinion on how I believe they should be improved in (mostly vain) hopes of Nintendo picking up those pleas.

Companies *do listen* to their fans and they *do watch* sales charts. When I clearly see that something's garbage, I may buy it due to sentimental value but I should still voice out that "this is garbage, it will collect dust and I'm only buying it to put it on my Consoles Display, don't expect me to buy your software". In fact, as a fan, it's my *duty* to say what should be improved instead of blindly following an idolized company - if I did that, I'd stall the progress of my favourite products.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
don't get a 3DS

This post just made my day LOL. :lol:

It's all up to you I suppose. I really like the PSV design but I prefer more of the 3DS games. (not saying the Vita is bad duh)

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all these kids choosing 3ds, trust me Vita is way better, more things in one, better games, plus you dont look like some kid when you are out with it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all these kids choosing 3ds, trust me Vita is way better, more things in one, better games, plus you dont look like some kid when you are out with it.

eb6.jpg

D

Deleted User

You get whatever gaming system plays the games you like better.

IMO.. Remember IMO, Nintendo has more game series that I like .

Vita is going to have the Power, no doubt, and it will be better than 3ds in every way.

But its all about the games, see PSP VS DS.

The DS library toppled PSP worldwide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...