Status
Not open for further replies.

Harumy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I've decided to buy a new console, and I already have a Wii, so now I'm trying to decide between a XBox360 and a PS3, I've also made a list of Pros. and Cons. for each console, according to my opinion of course.
Please post about which one you voted for and why.
Also, try to keep the flames and the stupid fanboy only facts to yourself like: ''OMG PS3 is awsome BECAUSE IT ROCKZORS!!!!!''

PS3
Pros
Code:
º-For me, it's prettier than the Microsoft console.
º-Can also serve as a media center, as a standard feature.
º-Was not 'hacked' yet, which means a better and less picky costumer support in case of a dying console, broken parts, etc...
º-Has greast exclusives, which I like a lot, like Tekken, MSG, GT, and so on.
º-PS3 Network is FREE.

Cons
Code:
º-The price, in Portugal the 40GB Model(the only on available) is 394,95€/$608.34USD
º-Not 'hacked' yet, I know it contradicticts a bit, but I prefer spending the money I would spent in games on other things.
^Unlucky as I am, it won't be able to boot ISOs from the Hard Drive, which means buying a B-Ray reader/writter plus the media.
º-Doesn't have some exclusives Microsoft has, like Halo and Gears of war, which I totally love.
º-No date for Rock Band launch in Europe:(

XBox360
Pros
Code:
º-The Price, in Portugal the HDMI version of the console is 266,90€/$411.10USD.
º-Already hacked, meaning I just have to buy the Dual Layered media, saving the games money for something else.
º-Good exclusives as well, Halo3 and Gears of war among them.
º-Rock Band is available first in Europe for x360, and I'm seriously obsessed with this game.
º-Already has a big and good library of games.

Cons
Code:
º-Microsoft could have made it prettier in deed.
º-I've heard the costumer support is shitty, and I don't want a late replacement if mine gets RROD'd
º-Isn't that great of a media center, I intend to sell my Home Cinema and use the console as a Media Center.
º-No Tekken nor Grand Turismo :'(
º-XBox Live is paid, sucks hard :\

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"No Tekken nor Grand Turismo :'("

PGR series betters GT for me, also Soul Calibur 4 is also on the 360 as well as PS3 and that series has always been better than Tekken.

I think that the PS3 will last longer, I can see a new Xbox in the next 3 years whereas Sony claim that the PS3 is "future proof" and will last for several years.

Still I'd go for 360, when I had one I loved the Arcade stuff and it has many essential games. PS3 has improved a lot but I don't see me wanting one, but then I've never been into the Playstation games.

Harumy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for sharing you opinion Hadrian, but fighting games for me are Tekken and the MK series, the other ones get really boring after a while :\, maybe that's just me.
I've come up with another thing I like in PS3 and hate in the x360.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would pick an Xbox360 out of the two, but it's been a few years Microsoft might be designing another console.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't bought one yet, and I'm going through the exact same issues. I'm leaning towards the PS3, mainly because of it's superiority as a media center, and for GT!

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would get a ps3, the graphics are slightly better, it looks SHINY, and the best thing is that PS net is FREE
the pros of the XBOX are not that good, other than the price. There are also nice alternatives to halo, because halo is actually not that good. I do agree on the pro for the XBOX's game lib. Also it is likely Microsoft will release a new XBOX soon, and the ps3 is not likely to.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to make the same decision as you. So far I've been leaning towards the PS3. For the exclusive games and Free online. I can get a lot of Xbox games for my PC.

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in the same boat but I'm leaning towards the PS3 because I think developers are really going to show what it can do this year. That and I like watching movies (Bluray).

OTOH, as mentioned, the Xbox360 has a good library and seems to have much better online support than the PS3.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It depends somewhat on if you want to burn games or not and also it depends on which system has more games on it that you will play. Xbox360 probably will do you fine for the amount of content that you'll want to play, but PS3 eventually will have better games than Xbox360. It is hard to say when that will be though. I'm not sure which to vote because I'm not sure what your aim is
smile.gif

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
360, it is much cheaper and the games would cost $1.50 each. The media center isn't the best, but if you have a UPnP server (Windows Media Player) or Windows Media Center it is easy and isn't bad.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want the PS3 exclusives, PS3. If you don't really care, 360.

Differences in graphics are so small it's not really worth claiming either is superior in that respect, base it on the exclusives.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I may come across as biased given I've got my Gamertag as my sig, but I do own all three of the current gen consoles.

Remember all the following is IMO - the 360 is the better option at the moment, there are more games worth playing, the controller is 2 times better, and Xbox LIVE in game dashboard rocks for joining friends in games and chatting etc... Oh and the achievement system is a load of fun, adding more playtime to your games.

The PS3 isn't bad by any means, but I just prefer my 360.

BTW who cares if the PS3 is shiny? Are you trying to impress people or have fun with games?

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I prefer PS3, because I'm a Sony Fanboy, but I own a xbo360 myself, and I find myself with not much time to play, so I can't give youa fair opinion.

Harumy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ATM, I'm pending more on the PS3, not thinking only the console way, but looking at it as a Media Center also, because x360 exclusives like Halo3 and Gears of War can be easily replaced with PS3 games that are equally good, or even better(went seeng some youtube videos)
tongue.gif
, also a free online network is much, much better then a paid one.

But I stll can change my mind, keep posting you opinions
smile.gif

Chotaz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everybody already knows that the PS3 is the most powerful, but atm xbox360 clearly has a better game library, but the Ps2 also came with shitty games at the start, and now, 6 yers later, IMO has the better game library ever, so it can happen again for the Ps3 :\

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont know...I'm cheap so I tend to lean towards the cheapest things available so long as they're worthwhile.

PS3--have they got a backwards compatible model yet? I really dont trek along with the PS3 and all its models...If it IS backwards compatible, then it will have that great, great PS2 library...but 360 has the Xbox library...

**hmm** I think that the 360 would be better, or more fun depending, it has a lot of potential. People are hacking it to do all sorts of interesting things

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
I dont know...I'm cheap so I tend to lean towards the cheapest things available so long as they're worthwhile.

PS3--have they got a backwards compatible model yet? I really dont trek along with the PS3 and all its models...If it IS backwards compatible, then it will have that great, great PS2 library...but 360 has the Xbox library...

**hmm** I think that the 360 would be better, or more fun depending, it has a lot of potential. People are hacking it to do all sorts of interesting things

The 40GB doesn't have backwards compatibility with PS2, It has PSone compatibility though.
It wouldn't matter to me, I've got two working PS2s

Chotaz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For backwards compatibility, I'd rather use my PS2 that plays PS2 games better than the 60 and 80GB Ps3 models :\ and it also has great PS1 backwds support.

I recommend you the PS3 baby, because in a few years(2/3) the game library will be as good as the Ps2's or even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: