Which one should I buy, a PS Vita 1000 or a PS Vita 2000 Slim?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by alexsmith, May 20, 2019.

1. alexsmith
    OP

alexsmith Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    India
    Delhi
    It depends on a few factors. Personally, I’ll go for the 1000 3G any day of the week, but I’d take a 2000 over a 1000 Wi-Fi.

Perks of the 1000: more responsive buttons(?), better-looking screen, “optional” SIM card slot (albeit AT&T-only without a hackish universal SIM overlay)
    Perks of the 2000: more comfortable buttons, better battery life, Micro-USB port instead of the proprietary Vita port, available new

If you’re going to HEN (hack) your Vita, note that both the SIM and game card slots can be used, with a custom adapter, to support MicroSD cards for additional storage.

Hmed likes this.
  2. Missingphy
    This message by Missingphy has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Jun 11, 2019 at 9:55 AM, Reason: Not EoF.
    May 20, 2019
  3. Hayato213
    This message by Hayato213 has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Jun 11, 2019 at 9:56 AM, Reason: Not EoF.
    May 20, 2019
  4. Missingphy
    This message by Missingphy has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Jun 11, 2019 at 9:56 AM, Reason: Not EoF.
    May 20, 2019
  5. johnnyblackout

johnnyblackout Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2010
    United States
    I got a 1000 model and modded it. The screen looks amazing. Only downside is the short battery life. If you're able to find one of those nyko power grips for it, then it helps a little. People wanted absurd money for one online. So i ended up finding a broken one and just replacing the rechargeable battery inside of it.

Hmed likes this.
  6. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 12, 2009
    Only reason I’d get a 1k 3G is for the internal SD adapter replacement, otherwise I’d get wifi only and use a Mifi/personal hotspot.

Hmed likes this.
  7. ShigoNaito

ShigoNaito Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2019
    Philippines
    If you are dead set on a Vita, I personally would get the 3G version. I have it and the adapter to convert the 3G to SD storage is a great thing to have, and you also still have your game slot to backup games or to use for even more storage.

Hmed likes this.
  8. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    But if you are a collector then you can get anything you want

Hmed likes this.
  9. Hambrew
    This message by Hambrew has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Jun 11, 2019 at 9:57 AM, Reason: Not EoF.
    May 20, 2019
  10. Asia81
    This message by Asia81 has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Jun 11, 2019 at 9:57 AM, Reason: Not EoF.
    May 20, 2019
  11. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    slim cuz it has 1 gb internal and it's battery life is pretty long than the phat one.

cvskid and Hmed like this.
  12. chocoboss

chocoboss GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2016
    France
    FRANCE
    The 1000 version ... because of the Oled screen

Hmed likes this.
  13. zxr750j

zxr750j Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2003
    Netherlands
    OLED screen, hands down.

gnmmarechal and Hmed like this.
  14. AkitoUF

AkitoUF GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Chile
    I'd say the Slim for the internal memory and being able to use any phone charger with it.

Hmed likes this.
  15. shantaelover69420

shantaelover69420 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2018
    United States
    Blue Mementos
    says the mate with a game boy profile pic lol

16. Hambrew

Hambrew GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2018
    United States
    imagine if you could mod a 2000 to have a 1000 screen; you'd have the ultimate ultimate vita

Hmed likes this.
  17. 98otiss

98otiss certified best girl

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    somewhere
    i say 1000 for personal reasons
    iirc the slim shipped with a firmware higher than 3.60/3.65
    3.60/3.65 gives you the ability to install enso coldboot cfw meaning homebrew is enabled at boot instead of after you launch an app
    the 1000 feels a lot better to hold, because it feels like it wont break easily, built tough
    the screen is a lot better, and its flush with the rest of the vita
    a downside is lack of internal memory (even though the nand can be resized to basically give us the equivalent of this)
    and the poor battery life
    the 2000
    the slim design feels way better to hold but it feels like it would break easily
    i think they shipped on 3.67/3.68 which is a huge dealbreaker as people without enso cant install custom themes
    the screen triggers me because of the black box around it, the slim is a different color, plus they gave a cheaper screen
    1 gb internal
    no proprietary charger cord
    the slim model is still hackable but you cant install enso, meaning homebrew is enabled after you launch the exploit
    at least it has a better battery

Hmed likes this.
  18. AkitoUF

AkitoUF GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Chile
    Wrong there.

Hmed likes this.
  19. 98otiss

98otiss certified best girl

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    somewhere
    lol yeah i felt like it was a bit wrong, what firm did they ship on

Hmed likes this.
  20. AkitoUF

AkitoUF GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Chile
    Don't know but mine had 3.65 so I was able to install enso no problem at all. Didn't require downgrading at any point.

Hmed likes this.
  21. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    They shipped with whatever was current at the time, although the slim launched around the time of 3.00.

Some slims shipped > 3.65 & so can't get coldboot for now. I prefer the slim, you can still use an sd card (who uses real game cards anyway?)

Last edited by smf, May 25, 2019
  22. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Not much of the good games for it but for homebrew... I would go for 1000. Look at youtube for comparison. 1000 has better screen than 2000 version.

23. persephone

persephone Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2019
    Ireland
    I'm looking to get one too but excluding the screen the 1000 really doesn't have that much in its favour. No internal storage and proprietary cables aren't doing it any favours.

24. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    I love my 1000 3G (downgradable to 1.xx fw!), but the OLED screens are very prone to "blotchiness" over time - the screen flasher homebrew can temporarily make it a bit better, but it's an issue that doesn't affect the slims at all.
    The other downside to the OLED models is the requirement for a memory card to install hax, whereas the slim (and PSTV) have 1Gb of internal memory.
    I also love my PSTV (downgradable to 3.20 fw), but it's not an "either/or" situation - they're both hugely valid for different reasons.

off-topic - to the retard trolls in this thread; you obviously never owned a Vita - pretty much anyone that has knows that it's one of the best handhelds ever made.

zxr750j likes this.
  25. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    I have an issue with the thumbsticks on my 2000 model. Strongly suggest 1000: that thing is a tank and homebrew is still being developed.