Hardware Which one of these Hard-drives should I get?

romstacka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I go with Western Digital My Passport 500GB USB 3.0 Black External Hard Drive WDBKXH5000ARD-NESN or the ADATA DashDrive Durable Series HD710 500GB USB 3.0 Black Water & Shock Proof Portable Hard Drive AHD710-500GU3-CBK?

I need it to be compatible with Wii USB Backup Loaders, and the homebrewchannel, and I want to be sure they will work without issues.

Thanks in advance!!!

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say the western digital as well since you have no idea what drive is in the A-Data and there aren't many reviews for it.

Also depending if you want it portable or not how about the 1tb seagate at bestbuy for 69.99. Nvm seems like a difficult setup process for some of the drives since they don't work out of the box. The seagate I mean.

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My WD 500 gb just locked (not locked up, locked) and I had another one fail last year, so I'm not touching another WD product again...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB 3.0 is compatible with 2.0, which is what I have (Western Digital My Passport 500GB) and it works wonders. Had it for a year now and no issues whatsoever. Not sure why so many people hate Western Digital, as they're more reliable than Seagate or Toshiba.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls