Hacking which one is better psvita or vita slim

akramff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi
am planning to buy a psvita so which one is better i am concerned also about vitamin plug in gpu 444mhz
does the slim version support it
sorry for the noob questions as i am new to the scene.

Denny64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Depends on your demands.

I for instance like 3g internet and the nice OLED screen.
You may like the weight or the design of the slim.

As for as cpu and gpu they should be the same AFAIK.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Denny64 listed all important points expect that the slim model has ~1hour more gaming time thanks to a stronger battery and a usb charging port instead of this proprietary the first model had.

Last edited by VitaType,

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the non slim vita better.

On the non-slim, the oled screen is just awesome and I think the build quality is better.

The screen on the slim is good, too, though. Plus the slim has 1 gig of built in storage and an extra hour of battery life.

Just go for whatever sounds better.

Denny64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Denny64 listed all important points expect that the slim model has ~1hour more gaming time thanks to a stronger battery and a usb charging port instead of this proprietary the first model had.

Well, the battery is the same, both 2210mAh, but due to the LCD the battery last longer. Except for watching movies when the OLED display consumes less battery.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you care about oled screens then the fat ps vita since its the only reason people like the fat model. Otherwise get the slim ps vita.

Reactions: SuperDan

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
if you can get a old fat (1000 series) version, then get that one.

i used to own it , and it felt much better in the hands and felt like it has way better quality in nearly everything.

i bought the slim today because i dont own a vita anymore, they only had slim in my area.

the slim is not a bad vita, it just is not as good as the oled imo.

but the screen of the slim is actually surprisingly good !

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
Both are good . I like how the slim feels lighter and don't tire the hands , beside 1 hr plus of game play before battery need recharge and it looks more sexy.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OLED screen is a lot brighter and colors are stronger, some people may think it is a plus most of the time, but the problem for me is when I game at night time, even on the lowest settings is too bright if I have the lights off hurts my eyes, the slim doesn't have that problem.

The slim has a microusb charger, battery lasts a little longer, it's lighter and thiner...

Honestly, the slim is an overall improvement over the 1000 model.

Last edited by Tony_93,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi
am planning to buy a psvita so which one is better i am concerned also about vitamin plug in gpu 444mhz
does the slim version support it
sorry for the noob questions as i am new to the scene.
Um so what exactly are you looking for personally here? This is a opinion based question and we can't tell you what to get. You have to make the ultimate decision. If you explain what you want to have maybe better to help.

Between the two, ps vita phat has a oled which everyone says looks better. It also has some models with 3G support from a cellphone service provder.

The slim has slimer design, extended battery life, LCD screen which is not a big deal unless like everyone else actually care about which screen is in the system, as long as you can see and play the game it should be okay. It also has 1 GB internal storage, so even if you can't purchase a memory card, you can save data, just don't try downloading huge games from PS store, You mostly can use it for saving game data for retail and updates. Though you can't use both internal and memory card at same time, some problems i guess.

either way you can decide with this info i guess :)
They both pretty much do the same things, it comes down to preference.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had both and personally each one has its own reasons that I like/liked it.

The slim 2000 models were nice due to the extra 1 hour of battery and the regular micro USB charge port.

I like my 1000 model because of the more vibrant screen colors and the weight/feel. When I had my 2000 i felt like it would easily break if it fell or something. I like the little bit of extra weight the 1000 has, but that's just me.

Ray2R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually installed some PS+ games: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush onto my PS Vita then sold it for 20$ more than I bought it for when I heard the PS Vita Slim announcements. I like the PS Vita Slim better.

I know you already picked Slim but Ima list the major differences.

1000 is made with higher quality material, OLED (since everything uses LCD these days, I opt'd for LCD display when I got the chance), made of glass-ish material(will shatter on drop)
2000 is made with cheaper plastic material (lower weight), LCD (less battery intensive, longer game time), Lighter Weight and Longer game time (that's all that matters to me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1