Which of these three Anti-virus programs do you prefer?

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
So from reading this thread, maybe all of 6 people actually paid attention to the opening post and know what this thread is about....
MSE, for free, is better than a lifetime subscription to any of the OP's options.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This isn't one of your listed options, but I'm using an AV called Trend Micro Internet Security. Its constant updates are annoying (it prompts me to let it download an update literally 1-3 times a day, and if I'm on consecutively, per session) but it doesn't appear to ever miss anything. It does regular scans once a week, and blocks certain reported pages. The only viruses it's ever even let onto my computer were 2 trojans, and it deleted both after one of the weekly scans.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I don't know which to like. I use BitDefender Antivirus 2011 as my protector. Though all the other antivirus programs mentioned look better than mine.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blood Fetish said:
ShadowSoldier said:
So from reading this thread, maybe all of 6 people actually paid attention to the opening post and know what this thread is about....
MSE, for free, is better than a lifetime subscription to any of the OP's options.

Except it's a free 6 month trial that comes with the computer, so why not pick one of those if it's free? Then when the time comes install a different one.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Blood Fetish said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Except it's a free 6 month trial that comes with the computer, so why not pick one of those if it's free? Then when the time comes install a different one.
It. Is. Better.

Why the hell would the OP go with an inferior product solely because they are getting a "deal" on it?

oniryuk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what i havn't used a anti virus program for years and i have a clean fresh computer everyday even when downloading, playing games,etc.... never have to wrry about a virus if ya know the secret to being a pro un-anti-virus person like meh.....yea...

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because it's free, and while Kaspersky may seem inferior, depending on what his dad does, it could be the best one. Kaspersky is a great anti-virus.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
MrCooper said:
No virus program at all

Yes try ubuntu
wink.gif

The Free Vs Fee is funny too ... if you really want one you can check something like Comodo Internet Security for Windows ( CIS ) at least it is free... and offers some effective protection in "real conditions" ( do not follow links in this article since they will send you directly to the monkey version ).

But please before installing anything read this :

QUOTE"I think it is sad that so many still periodically rip the guts out of their system while usually using multiple scanners and without even a clue to what items they are removing. Then these same folks wonder why their system and applications fail to function properly after they have been ripped apart by various scanners."

"The industry continues to suck money from users with annual subscriptions to lease (not sell) their wares. Of course they aren't going to innovate to techniques and processes that really protect...that would decrease their revenue...a revenue & market share now sought after by every scam artist out there. Some vendors have even been caught playing on both sides of the street."

"We don't want our system to be bogged down with massive bloatware that uses half the available resources including tech support. We prefer our file protections & redundant process filtering as well as our host based content filtering that use a negligible amount of resources by comparison.

We don't want to maintain/update multiple signature DBs that are ALWAYS going to be behind the infection instead of preventing it.

Excerpt from Why I Hate Conventional Scanners (and the industry that produces them)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1