Gaming Which of these older (no Tales of Graces) JRPG's is the best?

Of the JRPG's listed, which is the best?

• Trinity Universe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Last Rebellion

• Cross Edge

• Total voters

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leave a comment too. I've not played any of them, but I'm wanting one of these. Ar Tonelico Qoga looks the most promising to me so far.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ar Tonelico Qoga is a fanservice game. The combat is pretty bland and not much of a highlight, but if you, a girl, enjoy stripping a female to make her more powerful in battle...you might like it. You also get to delve into your two main females thoughts and shit. It's all very ecchi and weird and crap. Ended up buying it at launch (a pretty cool LE, and I got it for free with pre-order...), and I don't regret my purchase, but with that said I never did finish it and really have no motivation to do so.

I've owned Record of Agarest War Zero for AGES. Heard a lot of bad things about it, but the limited edition was sweet so I bought it...but my modded PS3 couldn't play it bahaha. But really the reviews for it are awful. Guess I should try find time to play 'er.

Resonance of Fate got my vote. It's a pretty unique, hilarious and overall just damn fun game to play. It's also pretty weird.

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ar Tonelico Qoga is a fanservice game.
I played the first two Ar Tonelico games and I thought they were good, might not have had the best gameplay, or the most sophisticated story, but i thought it was good, and not cus of the fanservice... I couldnt give any less of a f*ck about fanservice if I tried.. ANYWAYS... was thinking of getting a PS3 for Qoga.. is there really that much of a difference between it and the first two?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Resonance of Fate - tri-ace are an amazing developer and their games never really fit into the generic mould. The first two Ar Tonelico games were extremely average so i can't see Qoga reversing the trend. Same sort of thing goes for the Atelier series....heck, just beware of Gust altogether!

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Dark Souls beats em all.
After that i say
1. ++End of Eternity(Resonance of Fate). Very funny to jump and do all those crazy combo shoots lol
2. Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 (Not 1 because i have yet to play it.. not to mention the second has UniAgarest
Neptunia>Ar tonelico>Trinity>Cross Edge>Last Rebellion

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resonance of Fate, I must admit, does look pretty good to me (I love Tri-Ace), but the lack of a real over-world map to explore is just something I don't know if I can get around. Aside from the Hex-based world map with random battles, is there any form of exploration at all in that game? Like maybe dungeons to explore? I can't find any solid info on reviews.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Resonance of Fate, I must admit, does look pretty good to me (I love Tri-Ace), but the lack of a real over-world map to explore is just something I don't know if I can get around. Aside from the Hex-based world map with random battles, is there any form of exploration at all in that game? Like maybe dungeons to explore? I can't find any solid info on reviews.
There is dungeons(if it counts lol). Think of it like the tales overworld map, just that ur movement is limited to tiles. Like tales you enter a area and from there u explore just like the tales series. Of course instead of a player, ur a marker. Not that it make any big differene.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo