which of these is the best offers ?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Youkai, Dec 27, 2010.

Dec 27, 2010
  1. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Hello,
    now after searching some time getting no xbox i finaly have several offers at once oO

only problem is that for me all this jtag und flash and whatever stuff sounds like chinese to me so no clue which of these offers is the best, so I need an advice.

Already asked another member but he either has not time or doesn't want to answer me so hope someone else understand this stuff better than i do.

1. Offer "bare console reasonably used Zephyr for £125" However, it has an Hitachi DVD Drive and I don't have a clue how to flash them. These drives are also meant to be 'brickable' when flashing, which means i'm not going near it."

2. Offer "bare console reasonably used Falcon for £135, provided the ED-RAM temps come down fresh therma compound. I'm still waiting on some decent thermal compound to arrive. It has a Lite-On 73450C, and it's going to be the console I will flash before the others."

3. Offer "120GB Jasper Elite BNIB for £270. That's JTAG'ed and ready to go, although I would have to open it back up to flash the drive. However, it's got a 83850C V1 drive which makes flashing a little easier. I flashed the last Jasper Elite (also a 83850C V1)with LT+ for someone, and that seemed to flash OK."

4. Offer "BNIB Falcon Pro with a 60GB HDD and all accessories, for £210. These are later Falcons and have Lite-on 73450C's, which means i'll have to flash blind and construct the original firmware from the barcode labels on the laser mech & PCB."

5. Offer "BNIB Falcon Arcade with all accessories, for £190. It's an early Falcon so it has a Benq, which makes it easy to flash risk free. Although it doesn't come with a HDD, it will include the 256MB Memory card."

6. Offer "The Arcade comes with a PSU, Wireless Controller, 256MB Memory card and composite cable + scart adapter. The Pro also has a combined composite/ Component Lead, Heatset and Ethernet cable. In addition to whatthe pro has, the Elite has a HDMI Cable and optical adapter. Pro has a 60GB HDD and the Elite a 120GB HDD.
    Falcon arcade for £165. I haven't checked the drive. The console boxes are stacked up against the wall, and it's right at the bottom."

---------------- these are all excluded shipping which would add another ~60gbp-------------

7. Offer "falcon console, not JTAGGED, flashed with LT+, clean secdata & safe for live with latest kinect dash. The Only issue with it is the front USB ports are faulty, the dont work. The rear port works fine." 130GBP (shipping and controler included)

8. Offer "XBoX Arcade Jasper R63T desoldered Jtag freeboot 0.04 with 12611 Kernel LW Flash with LT+" 260GBP (including shipping)

Would be VERY !! nice if you could tell me which would be best for me thinking about the price and what i need.

I only want to play a few games, mostley foreign ones like Idol M@sters and such ^^ friend already has a PAL xbox that i could use whenever i want so basicaly i only need to play foreign backups (well ok having an xbox myself i would play and i think buy several PAL games as well)

2. kamins

Newcomer kamins Member

Lithuania
    None of these are good offers for money unless you want jtag, then you should go with the third one. If you want to play foreign games then jtag is the only choice.
    What else do you get in 7th offer? Or is it console only?

3. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I would personally go for 3 as it is a new Jasper, which is the most dependable motherboard and is new. If I didn't get 3 the go for 8.

4. mocalacace

Member mocalacace GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If its a JTAG you have no reason to flash the drive.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    "3. Offer "120GB Jasper Elite BNIB for £270. That's JTAG'ed and ready to go, although I would have to open it back up to flash the drive. However, it's got a 83850C V1 drive which makes flashing a little easier. I flashed the last Jasper Elite (also a 83850C V1)with LT+ for someone, and that seemed to flash OK.""

Two thoughts occur-

1) While this is an 8v1 Liteon if you have a JTAG you can get the CPU key and a NAND dump in software. Feed said dump and key into 360 Flash Dump Tool and you have yourself the DVD keys (you can even set your own if you were so inclined).

2) JTAG machines bypass AP25 in software so if you have one of them I suggest 1.6NS instead (I assume they function with SSv3)- all the fun of LT but without the need for splitvid.

Personally I would jump at the chance to get a JTAG jasper machine- dev units aside they are probably the most desirable 360 option out there.
    You mention foreign games- the 360 has region locking and while many German games use it there are a great many games that are not locked. JTAG machines bypass region locking entirely though (some very rare conditions involving a CPU key and multiple NAND images will allow the same thing on a non JTAG but few people have the CPU key but are passed the point of JTAG).

6. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Agreed. Jasper is the way to go if you want them to last long. If I could not afford I'd go with 4 or 5 as they are new falcons, the next best thing. However it also depends on the seller, and if they are trustworthy on what they say especially if not new.

1 & 7 goes off the list imo.
    1 - zephyr, old, not worth it after shipping.
    7 - NOT jtagged, not what you would want - not region free system.