Which new Flash Cart is the best deal right now

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dgwillia, Dec 16, 2008.

Dec 16, 2008
  1. dgwillia
    OP

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    I would prefer that it has GBA compatability, either over 2 Gigs of memory or the ability to use SD(or whatever) memory cards which can be brought in stores. And is easy to use/compatable with most games.

Err sorry for the text wall, currently i see the following flash carts which i am considering
    R4 Ultra SDHC MicroSD/TF Multimedia Flash Cart with Rumble Pack for NDS for 10.75$
    Edge DS Card for 16.50$
    TopToy DSTT Card for NDS Lite + Sandisk 2GB TF for 13.90$

2. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    get an Acekard 2.1 or Cyclo ds with ez flash 3 in 1.

3. dgwillia
    OP

United States
    Hmmm ok thanks, so far what i was reading about the Toytop says after september, all the the ones being shipped are real, and the reviews say the same thing. As far as GBA carts, they dont sell the Ez flash anymore for some reason, so i was looking into the EFA or the Fire Linker. (I dont really care about how many games it can hold, just quality, and the ability to do it).

I think im gonna go with the DSTT, only cost 13 bucks to get it with a 2Gig memory card, and seeing as my mom is paying for it, and already is giving me like 100 bucks+other stuff, it would be better to keep it cheap to have a better chance of her buying it.
    Probally will grab the EFA linker or the Fire Linker on the side. Also im looking at the AceKard 2 right now, it seems good and all, but it cost 28-ish bucks, and i still have to buy the memory card/the GBA cart.

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The Acekard is $12.06 at dealextreme.com (free shipping): http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811

The EZFlash 3-in-1 is another $19: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1894

The Acekard 2 is easily worth the extra $5 over a DSTT to get alphabetical sorting of roms, a beautiful and responsive menu, folder support, the ability to change skins in the menu, and direct support for loading GBA games to the EZFlash 3-in-1 directly from the menu (with the DSTT you have to use GBA ExpLoader).

-Bri

5. dgwillia
    OP

United States
    Thanks a ton for the EZ link, i couldnt find it for some reason, but im not sure about the AceKard though....i still have to buy a memory card, along with the fact that its back ordered (meaning i wont have it for chistmas, and will have to wait about 2+ weeks to get it). Err question then, how much would buying a compatable memory card cost in a retail store? Just trying to keep it moderatley cheap [​IMG].

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    newegg.com probably has the best prices on microSD/microSDHC cards. They're generally quite a bit more expensive in a retail store. Here's one for $5.39 with free shipping: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820134665

You could always get the flash cart and microSD card, and wait on the GBA expansion. There are plenty of great DS games to keep you occupied. At this point, you're going to be hard-pressed to even get a DSTT by Christmas even if they're not back ordered. DX has very slow shipping.

-Bri

7. dgwillia
    OP

United States
    Dam thanks....i think....for right now....im probally gonna get the DSTT just for now, then before the DSi comes out get a Ace Kard (the super expensive one). Im probally gonna still order that memory card though.
    Err also i had no problems with DX before, ordered a Fire link cart on a thursday, it came next saturday morning. I just really want the GBA expansion to play stuff like FF6, and Fire Emblems, so i dont have to take up PSP memory space anymore. I guess it mainly depends on my mom, i cant ask my dad since he is getting me a PS3, and my mom isnt a fan of ordering stuff online, so its gonna have to be cheap.