Hacking which new DS lite has the best screen?

Knab

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i was thinking about getting a new DS lite to replace my aging Red phat DS, as when i turn it on it looks a bit dingy compaired to my psp or after playing xbox360 on my lcd tv. I know some screens like the ones that come on the onyx ds lites look brighter more clear then the polar white ones, but what about the blue and black ones or the red and black ones?

what ds lite has the better screen?

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahaha what you are probably noticing is the contrast of the DS with the Screen, because of that a Black DS screen might look better than a that of a White.
rolleyes.gif
silly child.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so far i've purchased and returned 4 ds lites.

the early crimson/black one had a very noticeable yellow tint on the bottom screen (this one i gave to my son). this bug the shit out of me. the gold special edition was the same but not as bad but i sold it because it was just plain tacky.

i then waited for another crimson because it was sold out then the blue one came out so i settled for that and the screen was perfect. only problem is that the blue looked purple most of the time and i just hate purple so i sold it.

yesterday i finally got a crimson one and the screen isn't bad but it still has a slight tint to it. but since i've invested so much time in getting a ds i want a perfect one. so i ordered another blue and a crimson one and hoping one of them has a good screen, even if i have to settle for that purple-ish blue. i don't want the other color because the matte finish on the bottom simply feels great when holding it.

in conclusion - the screens seem to vary and nintendo needs to tighten quality control. Apple would of recalled all the bad screens by now.

furthermore, the matte finish is nicer on the crimson ones, it's darker and feels softer.

aeSentinel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
forums.ds-xtreme.com
XP
Country
I've noticed that on some Lites, the 'grid' behind the touch screen is easier to see than on others, but I haven't noticed any consistency. I guess it's the luck of the draw, but you won't notice it during gameplay anyway. Whether that has anything to do with the quality, I have no idea.

Orillian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got 3 DS's

One Zelda Special edition and 2 Crimson ones, the screens on all three are all really nice and bright one of the Crimson ones has a slight bleed out the top left side of the bottom screen but it's only very slight and can only be seen when the bottom screen is black or very dark. Not anything worth complaining about, so for me 3 out of 3 so far.

O.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They should be all the same, unless you got like a knock off or some cheap asian hong kong thingy. Maybe. But like, I have a white DSL and my brother has a black, same brightness and everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8