• Total voters

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
i want to get the iphone simply cuz of the gimmiky touch screen. i won't transfer my music or pic collection (drains battery life too much, have mp3 player seperatly) to it or use it for the net (until swype comes out typing is too much of a chore).

i belive cellphones should be used as such: simply cellphones.

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally love my iPhone 3G. The G1 and Android are interesting, but at this point the platform is not very mature, and the G1 lacks simple things like a headphone jack. Reports are coming in now that the Storm's also a bit rough around the edges, and not a good consumer phone.

TheNeck

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sjones411 said:
I personally love my iPhone 3G. The G1 and Android are interesting, but at this point the platform is not very mature, and the G1 lacks simple things like a headphone jack. Reports are coming in now that the Storm's also a bit rough around the edges, and not a good consumer phone.

What exactly do i need a heaphone jack for? just wondering?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
TheNeck said:
What exactly do i need a heaphone jack for? just wondering?
Listening music?!
Some mobiles use only special connections for earphones, and some use standard phone jacks!

Also, iTouch 3G is the most "appealing" one, and everyone is talking abut it, so it would maybe be the best to get that one...But I really don't know nothing about current mobiles..
10 days ago I was still using Sony J-70

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point of so called "Smart Phones" is to replace a lot of the devices and tasks you do with one device. You're paying a premium to have a single device which can take pictures, do your email, watch YouTube, do Google map results, play music, surf the web, update your Twitter status, listen to streaming internet radio, take notes, IM, keep up on your eBay watch list, replace your graphing calculator...

If you fall under the theory that "It's just a phone and all I need it to do is make calls" then you shouldn't be in the market for any of the aforementioned phones. Your money would probably be better spent on whatever quote unquote "Feature Phone" the clerk happens to be selling that day. A feature phone is a phone which is designed around one or two simple tasks, such as being small, having a good camera, or being able to text message well.

Just because everyone is talking about a particular phone doesn't mean that it's right for you. Oh, and as far as what nin10do was saying, the iPhone can play music for 24 hours straight without dying, so the battery life is fine as long as you charge it very night.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
apple-iphone-3g.jpg

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked the Blackberry Storm it looks good but the Iphone is hackable so I would have to go with the Iphone.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever taken a look at the Nokia N95? I would recommend that. It has a really nice camera.

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
sjones411 said:
and the G1 lacks simple things like a headphone jack.

uh, there is a cheap adapter available....

I would go with the G1, simply because it is far more open. no having to jailbreak it etc.

and it actually has a usable keyboard!

I'm not really a fan of having to use a dongle for such a simple feature. While Android is nice and open, Google used it's openness as an excuse to not code some basic functions like a movie player. I'm not saying that the platform is all that bad, it just needs a year or so to get all the kinks worked out of it (Like the iPhone OS has had).

TheNeck

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
sjones411 said:
and the G1 lacks simple things like a headphone jack.

uh, there is a cheap adapter available....

I would go with the G1, simply because it is far more open. no having to jailbreak it etc.

and it actually has a usable keyboard!

My friend has the G1, and he loves it so far. I will see him on thanksgiving, so i can check it out.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I currently own an iPhone 3G (non-jailbroken) and I love it! make sure to get the app fring if you get one, you can use it at a wifi spot to use VOIP.

EDIT: and jailbroken phones can do a lot more, like tether a phone to a laptop to use 3G on the laptop, and use VOIP over 3G.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
agentgamma said:
I personally recommend a Windows Mobile device with a decent QWERTY keyboard
There are a LOT of good apps out there for WM
biggrin.gif

urg, this has to be the only suggestion here worse than the iphone

I have had to put up with a WM device for years, buggy, crashes, and slow

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you arent going to be doing any music playback, I would recommend the G1. The only true advantage I see the iphone having over the G1 is the dedicated audio chip, lowering battery drain while decoding music. Apps for the iPhone must be coded in C minus, a language that is unheard of outside of development for apple operating systems, while apps for android are coded in java, a widely used language by professionals and amateurs alike.

It's only a matter of time before people get tired of apple's bullshit

go185

Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest the Storm, mainly cause it is running on the fastest carrier in terms of Data in the USA, Verizon EVDO Rev. A, and has dual band CDMA/EVDO, Quad-band GSM/EDGE, and single-band 3G HSDPA. (truely, a World Phone).

Also doesn't have all the faults that the iPhail has, such as the bad camera, lack of MMS, lack of video recording outside of 3rd party apps, ect.

the G1 as a phone is good, but the carrier was a poor choice. T-Mobile doesn't have near the amount of 3G connectivity as Verizon does, hell, not even as much as AT&T, and thats saying something.

Both the Storm and the iPhail support DUN (using the phone as a modem to connect to the cellular network to browse the net on a PC), but the fastest speeds lie in the Storm.

Only if they just put the G1 on Verizon and included EVDO Rev. A =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.