Which Need For Speed DS title do you think is the best?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Fel, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    So, which NFS DS titles have you played and enjoyed the most? I'd like some really good racing action with something interesting that hooks you on - supposedly Carbon and ProStreet are good, but the newest Nitro sequel sucks. What are your thoughts on the NFS DS games?

EDIT And I'm wondering, which ones have an open world/town or something which you can roam before getting into a race? So that you don't have just the races, but also some "space between racing", like in some PC NFSes.

2. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    Need For Speed ProStreet is the best, and Need For Speed Nitro is the worst.

3. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Man that's weird. I'm playing Burnout 3 on the PS2. And I seen the NFS U2 demo. Trying it, it sucks. Weird because I remember having some fun when I bought the game.

Also, Racing games on DS generally suck, not as much as FPS games, but they do suck except for some like Mario Kart. Don't be surprised if the NFS games don't live up to your expectations, no matter how low they may be.

4. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

i am agree ^
    except Mario Kart and Sideswiped

5. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    only nfs for the DS with a form of free-roaming is undercover, but there it's only for a few police-related challenges.
    it's something they always leave out in the handheld versions, even when it's certainly powerful enough.

i had most fun with prostreet and underground2.

6. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    prostreet and carbon.

carbon is harder though. (in terms of earning points for upgrading)

7. ilovegames

Newcomer ilovegames Advanced Member

United States
    juiced 2 is better than any of the NFSs for DS. i'd say nitro is the best though.

8. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Good arcade racers from my experience would have to be Mario Kart and Speed Racer. I was surprised that Speed Racer was such a well polished racing game, but it only seems to share the name with the movie and nothing more.

I haven't played any of the NFS games on the DS. After playing the console counterparts, I just don't feel that I could be impressed.

9. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I found Juiced 2 to be better then the NFS games I played on the NDS. If I can remember clearly I don't think the NFS genre has an open world on the Nintendo DS. But Generally most racing games are pretty bad on the NDS with a few exceptions.

I honestly think you should just avoid the NFS genre on the NDS but eh it depends on what you want to do. But if you have Bandwidth limits, waste your bandwidth on a different game.

10. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Yeah, I heard pretty much all racing games except Mario (+Street Racer and the Sega one) were bad, but I'd like to try them out. Seeing the recommendations, I'll go for Carbon and ProStreet, maybe Juiced 2. [​IMG]

11. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Pro Street is the one I porbably enjoyed the most. Underground 2 was horrible. It was almost impossible to finish as the controls were so touchy, you would do full turns with a single press.

12. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    Clearly you have not played GRID for the DS. GRID is easily on par with mario kart in my eyes and is by FAR the best "realistic" car game on the DS (i am aware almost all the others suck but GRID doesnt i assure you)

on topic = dont get a need for speed DS game. they all suck and you will regret getting it so get GRID

13. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    For racing games in general, I'd say Sideswiped and that other game from Majesco... was released a couple months ago, forgot the name. It was top down and there was a Japanese release too.