Epoxyc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

I have a non-patched switch that I got with 4.1 firmware which runs Atmosphere, updated through Choixdujour (always with AutoRCM, so my fuses are still untouched).
Since emummc is available, I wanted to put my 4.1 backup on my Sysnand and keep the 8.1 on the Emunand, so I can rollback my switch to a virgin state, disable AutoRCM and use Incognito with the up-to-date emummc.
Sysnand is copied to SD card and emummc runs fine.

Here is my question, at the time I set up Atmosphere I didn't really know what I was doing and I made 2 backups:
- I made the first one before touching anything on the switch (4.1)
- Then, I tried to run Atmosphere, but it failed because my SD partition was in exFAT.
- I disabled AutoRCM, booted the system and added a new connection setting, the connection test was passed and I immediately set the DNS to 90dns.
- I made the second backup with those steps as a note to myself (so I suppose it's accurate enough and didn't do anything else).
- Successfully run Atmosphere and never disabled 90dns since.

I was wondering which one is better to restore:
- if the connection test could have given some information to Nintendo and restoring the first one could lead to them noticing a "rollback" (by saving some state or idk).
- if the failed boot attempt logged some errors to Nintendo servers that can lead them to detect I tried to run Atmosphere on it if I restore the second one.

I know the answer is unknown, and I don't think there should be a problem with any of the two, but I would like to have your opinion on the one which is less likely to get me banned if my switch is connected to internet again.

Thank you in advance. :)

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Regardless of whether the failed boot attempt saved logs and sent them to nintendo or not, you should restore the pre-atmosphere/90dns nand backup, as that seemingly appears to be the "perfect-state clean" nand backup (based on your description that you have given above)
With that being said, keep note that nothing is ban free/brick proof, hence proceed with caution.

Epoxyc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your answer! I will do that, I've also read that I should disable AutoRCM, so I'll wait until I have a real jig and not a broken paperclip.

PHiLiPZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
If you restore your first backup your exFAT support will not be installed. That is a feature which 100% is communicated with Nintendo servers and if you suddenly ask for exFAT license again (costs Nintendo $$) it’ll definitely be known you reverted to previous backup.
I’d install the second backup as there possibly is nothing worth banning for.

Epoxyc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I haven't installed exFAT support when the second backup was made. And now, even if my current nand, which has never been connected, has it, I use FAT32 as recommended to avoid corruption (my PC also tends to corrupt exFAT if I'm not extremely careful). By the way, I installed it alongside an update with Choixdujour, so, Nintendo doesn't have this information (I suppose that 90dns worked well).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)