Hacking Which Modchip?

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
If its a new wii then it probably has a d2c chipset. However, the only way to be absolutely sure it to crack it open and look. Depending on which chipset your wii is will determine which modchips are compatible.

d2c solutions include d2pro, d2ckey, argon, and wasabi.

I've been reading all positive reviews for the wii-clip so far.

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
which one out of the four is recommended? d2pro, d2ckey, argon, or wasabi?

i read reviews here regarding the clip solution that says people usually won't have problems with them right away, but they might later on? is that still true?

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
regarding the wii-clip, this is what OzModChips said in this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78254&st=15

OzModChips said:
We researched the wii-clip and are staying away from it. Its not a proper solution. Solder is a proper solution. If a bunch of spanish guys can't make 50% of their products work for 6 pins, what makes you think that a binch of random asians, whose only claim to fame is a clone of d2ckey, can make one work for 30+ connections?

Blown up ICs,
Cusotmers complaining after 1 week, 1 month, 1 year that they have to keep re-adjusting it.....nothing somthing we can hadle.

Its a good idea, but if it was that good don't you think d2ckey/d2pro would have made one? I asked they why not, and they said a proper solution for a clip would cost 100 USD +. These e-cheapo ones will be no good.

Trust me...wait 6 months after they come out and ask everyone what they think

any opinions?

also i am still pretty confused as to which modchip to choose for my D2C wii. can anyone give me a quick run down of pros and cons? i keep reading a lot of contradictory information like wasabi is the best, and then no they are not. d2ckey can be updated in the future and no they can't.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Just get a d2pro and all will be well
smile.gif

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree, D2pro is the best solution out there right now. They have DVD upgradability and they have a 9 wire solution out now. They also don't have any bugs, unlike the Wasabi.

mastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im in manchester and i have had my wii since last febuary and its has the wiifree chip installed. I seem to be having a few probs on the games that are coming out for the future i.e Wiifit. So i think it is time for a chip upgrade. Any ideas on chip and price i should be paying, also supplier for manchester area. Also can the wiifree chip be taken out and a new chip installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte