which modchip?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Ficus, May 26, 2007.

May 26, 2007

which modchip? by Ficus at 1:22 PM (623 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Ficus
    OP

Newcomer Ficus Member

Italy
    hi all, i am new to this forum. i searched for a topic like this, but i couldnt find any.

i had a look on internet about what it is aviable but i basically dont know if and which modchip to buy.

first: is it better to wait for futher improvments (like full free-region, no swaps, etc.) of modchips or shall i just buy one now? i mean, is it possibile that now i buy a XXX modchip and eventually will come out a XXX^2 modchip that is fair better than the first one?

second: if it is ok to buy a modchip now and not to wait anymore, which one is the best? i thought wiikey is the best, because it is open source (?). but on internet i saw there is some problems with updates. additionally, there are some more expensive modchips aviables, so i think: more expensive -> better modchip. or not?

id appriciate any help or suggestion, thanks (and sorry for my crappy english [​IMG])

2. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
  3. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom

Wiikey isn't open source, for names of a few open source check the thread I posted above. More expensive isn't necessarily better (again check the thread above). The best open source chip is OpenWii at the moment, but if you want more information... can you guess where I'm going to tell you to look? hehe [​IMG]