which mod chip is good for D2B

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hpink, Jul 19, 2008.

Jul 19, 2008

which mod chip is good for D2B by hpink at 4:45 PM (1,203 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. hpink
    OP

Newcomer hpink Newbie

United States
    I have a D2B with legs cut I'm looking for a good modchip that can play most new games and old games.
    I want to get the modchip with the wii-clip

Can someone recommend a good mod chip and the site where I can purchase the wii-clip with the chip? Thank you
    BTW im in U.S.

Currently im thinking about Wasabi and d2pro, if there is a better chip that will be great

EDIT: I want to get a wii-clip because im a noob in soldering, I know that ModchipCentral mods the chip to the wii-clip for you

2. ModchipCentral

Member ModchipCentral GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I would recommend the D2Pro9 V2 with V4C Wiiclip.

We sell them at www.ModchipCentral.com

3. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You won't need a Wii Clip for a D2B, as that's a 5 wire install for the compatible modchips. However, the cut legs might be a problem. There was a similar clip in development for the cut legs but I don't know if that ever made it to market. I don't think the usual Wiiclips will work on a cut legs model, but I might be wrong.

The best modchip for your chipset type is probably YAOSM as it's the most supported chipset from that era. Wiikey has been updated, but that chip is not the primary concern of that team any more. I'm not sure if you can buy YAOSM from anywhere though, since it's one of the open source chips...

I'd dig around on WiiNewz to see if you can find some help there getting a chip installed on your Wii.

4. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    From D2Pro site:

The v4c wiiclip should not be a problem since the cut pins are not being connected to.

5. hpink
    OP

Newcomer hpink Newbie

United States
    some question about modcentral

1.I want to know if I choose the presoldered of the wii-clip and D2PRO9, will it be 100% Solderless after i recieve the it?

2.Is the product tested before it ships?

3.How long will the shipping be for New York?

I have a D2B LEG CUT wii and I never solder anything before, so i want to make sure its 100% solderless.