Hacking which MicroSd and GBA expansion to buy for DSTT?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,

1)I'm getting a DSTT and I wondered which GBA expansion card to get, Whether their own GBA expansion card is good and if has any special compatibility with its SLOT-1 (like running game from SLOT-1 menu) or I should get one of other favourite SLOT-2 devices, like 3-in-1 or new eWLink or something like that. (if you suggest a device without memory on itself, please suggest memory card too) I'll stuck to my G6 for now.

2)Which SD card do you suggest to get which be able to run Castlevania:PoR and DoS too.

3) and where to buy that memory card, for someone who lives in California/Los Angeles.

Thanks in advance.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Congrats on winning the GBATemp DSTT comp. I am guessing that is why you made this topic. Anyway, get the 3in1 hands down if rudolph's tool works with it. I am guessing it does. I have heard nothing positive about the DSTT expansion as IIRC it is just an rebranded eWin which needs the eWin firmware.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
yes, Thank you, as you see I stroked the GBA part, As long as my G6 lite's battery works, I'll stick to it.

Please help about memory card and where to buy it. I dont think I need anything beyond 2Gigabyte, so no SDHC. since most under 2Gigabytes are already tested and no one actually seem to know much about over 2G.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recommend any Japan made brand. Toshiba, kingston, etc. As for the cart itself, I haven't heard of any problems involving the DSTT and slow Micro SDs but go for a japan made one just in case. Newegg.com is a great place to get them.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Thanks to answers.

what about their 2G? is there anyway to determine whether its a Japan Kingstone by its look? is there any pic or so? I cant be sure just by reading that its says Made in Japan, since there are lots of fakes in my country.

@Nero: Does it play Castlevania:PoR too?

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to answers.

what about their 2G? is there anyway to determine whether its a Japan Kingstone by its look? is there any pic or so? I cant be sure just by reading that its says Made in Japan, since there are lots of fakes in my country.

@Nero: Does it play Castlevania:PoR too?

Kingston 1GB runs everything perfectly. (Personal Experience)
Kingston 2GB has lag problems on THDJ, and I think that's it.

Oh and to tell if they're Japanese-made

Kingston 1GB should have CO1G on the front, and 2GB's should have CO2G.

~Nero

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a picture of e legit/genuine 1GB kingstone?

kingston1g1jm0.jpg

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Thnx Nero, Do you have picture of its back too?

Another thing, What if I get a fake one, what is the worst scenario? What I will miss? Does some games stop working or it wont run anything?

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Another thing, What if I get a fake one, what is the worst scenario? What I will miss? Does some games stop working or it wont run anything?

I could've taken a picture of my Kingston.. But... Crap.. I forgot to charge my phone all this week.
wink2.gif

If it is a fake one, the speed of the fake Kingston obviously won't be the same.

If the front looks like the front in the picture I provided, it's probably real.
biggrin.gif

~Nero

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran

I could've taken a picture of my Kingston.. But... Crap.. I forgot to charge my phone all this week.
wink2.gif

If it is a fake one, the speed of the fake Kingston obviously won't be the same.

If the front looks like the front in the picture I provided, it's probably real.
biggrin.gif

~Nero

Thanks, I'll search sites for its back, but I believe back of it is safer to choose from, instead of its front (where most poeple will look and miss its back, since fakers wont bother to fake its back).

Kingston 1GB should have CO1G on the front, and 2GB's should have CO2G.
I think fakes can copy that line too! no big deal for them.

And I didnt quite udnerstand your answer, Would you please answer again that what happens if its a fake one? Does it still run all games but with slower load time? or it wont load some games at all?

Thank you Nero for your time.

@Mods: Maybe making this topic sticky for future DSTT section.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

wink2.gif

biggrin.gif

~Nero

Thanks, I'll search sites for its back, but I believe back of it is safer to choose from, instead of its front (where most poeple will look and miss its back, since fakers wont bother to fake its back).

QUOTEKingston 1GB should have CO1G on the front, and 2GB's should have CO2G.
I think fakes can copy that line too! no big deal for them.

And I didnt quite udnerstand your answer, Would you please answer again that what happens if its a fake one? Does it still run all games but with slower load time? or it wont load some games at all?

Thank you Nero for your time.

@Mods: Maybe making this topic sticky for future DSTT section.

OH stop being so paranoid test.
nyanya.gif

You think they can exactly copy that?

Oh and when I said it will be slower.. I meant like in games. It will probably lag in DoS's intro video, and most likely crash till no tomorrow in PoR.

~Nero

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
What about other games? Do you think it will have problems beside that?

And does "till no tomorrow" mean instantly freezing?

Any pix of its back? damn aMAZOn! show me its back! hrth!

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What about other games? Do you think it will have problems beside that?

And does "till no tomorrow" mean instantly freezing?

Any pix of its back? damn aMAZOn! show me its back! hrth!

Well.. Not like that.
Till no tomorrow as in constant crashing.

Does it really matter about the back? I thought all MicroSDs look the same from the back.

~Nero

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Nero, I know how it sounds but would you please be more clear? Since I have one option, either I have to get one from local stores or wait for some months to get one from US, If the local one fails, I'm done for.

So, If its not genuine, It only affects Castlevania:PoR seriously, right?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The best search engine for flash cards is Pricewatch.com. Here is a search for a 1GB microSD card:

http://www.pricewatch.com/flash_card_memory/microsd_1gb.htm

meritline.com has a Kingston 1GB microSD card for $7.99 (free shipping). I'm not sure if it's the Japanese one though. There are others on their site that cost slightly more and appear to be the Japanese version based on the pictures, but the cheaper one doesn't have any numbers on it in the picture.

-Bri

Pulse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yea im with test on these questions,
has anyone tried a Taiwan Kingston 2GB on a DSTT? part#: SDC/2GB
I just ordered DSTT from gameyeeah.com, and Im gonna get the 2GB kingston from a local store, it's taiwan made so hopefully it works. I understand that it will lag with the Castlevania games and Tony Hawk... but anything else? cause I dont want to play those games anyways.
thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM