Which Micro Sdhc is the best?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Rugapand, Jun 9, 2008.

Jun 9, 2008

Which Micro Sdhc is the best? by Rugapand at 8:41 AM (2,989 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Rugapand
    OP

Newcomer Rugapand Advanced Member

Sweden
    So I'm going to buy a flashcart(cyclods evolution) and DS soon [​IMG] . So I was wondering which brand and speed(class 4 or 6) of sdhc to buy and perhaps where to buy it? (have in mind the fact that I live in Sweden if you recommend a store)

2. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    It doesn't really matter what brand you get, but I've heard that Sandisk isn't all that great. Oh and make sure that you have actually heard of the brand before.

If possible, get a class 6. That is the fastest speed you can get, and faster is better when it comes to roms.

3. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    The fastest micro sdhc out there is the A-DATA 4GB class 6.

4. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
  5. Sticks

Member Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I'd recommend the Kingston 4GB Class 4 Made in Japan or the Sandisk 8GB Class 4. Classes HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING ON THE PERFORMANCE OF A GAME. [​IMG] Some AData 4GB have problems with a slow enhanced menu (~2-8 seconds to load up) which WILL make you tear your hair out if you intend to use the menu often, especially for RTS/RTL. As for where to buy considering you're in Sweden, I have no idea about the Kingston, but the Sandisk you can snap up at Amazon. There have been no reported problems whatsoever on the Sandisk 8GB, at least with the CycloDS Evolution. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=s...amp;x=0&y=0

6. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    class does have a bearing on performance - if it doesn't run then thats pretty poor performance and the higher the class the better the chance of getting stuff like tony hawks, castlevania and twewy to work.

7. Rugapand
    OP

Sweden
    Right now I'm thinking about the 8g class 4 microsdhc from sandisk seeing as it's hard as hell to find a class 6 in Sweden(and a lot of companies that ship to Sweden has me paying an arm and a leg to get it here)

(found the micro sdhc with a "mobile micro"-card reader I'm thinking about at netonnet.se and it's also available at webbhallen.se)

Why is there concern with the sandisk aren't their cards among the top micro sdhc/sd cards out on the market?

As for the other brands you mentioned such as the Kingston or the A-data, how long have you had your kingston and has it ever been any problem and does anyone know a place(swedish or scandinavian) that sells A-data?

8. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    SanDisk's memorycards usually has higher access-times than other memorycards.

I myself avoid SanDisk products after having problems with almost all of the ones I got(/had before I returned them).
    I have more than 15+ Kingston products and I so far they all work perfectly.

I would still say that you should get a 4GB Kingston (Taiwan) due to the fact that it's one of the fastest (accesstime-wise) memorycards I've seen and because it's available from Webhallen for a good price.

I'm also interested to know if someone knows any good place of getting an A-Data in Scandinavia (or some place that ships throughout Europe).

9. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    I bought my Sandisk 8GB (with micromate reader) from dustinhome ( http://www.dustinhome.se/lp_5545_1031.aspx ) like 4 months ago, by then, it was the only 8GB available in sweden.. rather cheap as well (for sweden that is..)

10. Rugapand
    OP

Sweden
    So how is it working, any problems and have you played any "problem games"(castlevania - PoR etc) on it and if so where there any problems with them?

Anyone else that can give me their input on this matter?