Gaming Which memory card?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I use a SanDisk UltraII 4GB, which apparently is one of the fastest/most stable. There's an ExtremeIII version now, but I hear that's only in Sweden, and expensive too.

It's been a long time since the last memory card debate. I think the most preferred was Lexar PlatinumII, but I can't remember if that was for DS (MicroSD) or MS Pro Duo. I'm too lazy to check right now, but if it was MSPD, then either Sandisk UltraII or Lexar PlatinumII are the best bets. Also, don't go for the Sony MarkII, as those are found to be the most common fakes in the market, and didn't benchmark nearly as high as the others.

Then again, the difference might just be a couple seconds in loading times. Even a MicroSD->MSPD adapter works fine, even if it's somewhat slower with a much lower lifespan (the smaller it is, the quicker it'll die). But you'll be bored of your PSP/DS long before your memory card dies on you, so no need to worry there.

uberusmaximus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got an 8gb card from amazon.com for $43. it was a normal one, not an ultra, but for ISOs, there isn't a speed difference. the only fdifference is the pc to card transfer. if you dont mind waiting 10 minutes to fill up a card, you can save a lot of money

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
uberusmaximus said:
i just got an 8gb card from amazon.com for $43. it was a normal one, not an ultra, but for ISOs, there isn't a speed difference. the only fdifference is the pc to card transfer. if you dont mind waiting 10 minutes to fill up a card, you can save a lot of money

I woulda got one from DX
tongue.gif

In fact I might actually go ahead and do that lol.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
With ISOs there's hardly any difference. With CSOs, there's something of a much larger gap in loading times. One of my friends can't watch the Tales of the World opening cinematic because his card loads too slowly, and mine just played with a couple graphical glitches randomly through the cinematic. In loading levels too, the difference is 4 seconds (in addition to the 3 seconds it takes me to load a level anyway).

Compared to UMD, they're all fast. However if you're looking for the small details (like loading times), there's a noticable difference between the MarkI and MarkII cards (or equivalent), 4GB and 8GB cards, and MicroSD/M2 -> MSPD adapters. On the other hand, there is almost no difference between 2GB and 4GB cards, except that some people prefer 4GB to hold more than 1 FF game.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
uberusmaximus said:

I woulda got one from DX
tongue.gif

enjoy your fake card and slow loading speeds then
grog.gif

remember its cheaper for a reason

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joe88 said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
uberusmaximus said:

I woulda got one from DX
tongue.gif

enjoy your fake card and slow loading speeds then
grog.gif

remember its cheaper for a reason
it's only slow loading stuff onto the card initially

it's just fine loading up games/movies/music, etc etc

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally have four 4 gig cards. One of those is the Sandisk Ultra II, the other three are the Lexar Platinums. The Lexar Platinums are only 24.99 at frys.com, and they are benchmarked as some of the fastest. I am happy with all my memory sticks, both Sandisk and Lexars, they all work the same. I've been hesitant about buying the 8 gig because I heard there's lag, that's why I have four 4 gig instead. Some people say their 8 gig works fine, I dont know though. I wouldnt get the fake ones, personally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...