Which Loader and Storage Method is right for me

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by soulfoot, Jul 6, 2010.

1. soulfoot
    OP

Newcomer soulfoot Member

United States
    I am currently using the configurable usb loader with an external hard drive formatted to WBFS.

I made the unhappy mistake of trashing the games on there and was able to recover thanks in part to wiimms wwt program.

I now find myself at a crossroads and am wondering with all the scene changes that i have neglected to keep up with: Which loader and which file storage method is right for me.

Here is what i'm looking to accomplish:

I want to be able to run as much VC/Wiiware/Game backups as i can directly from my 1TB drive (this would potentially put me close to the artificial wbfs 500 game limit)
    I want to if possible run everything through the Loader program (I think the VC and Wiiware versions are called ISO Loaders)
    I want to get everything set up then just add to it as i need to later

Currently I'm thinking i need to run WBFS files on a FAt32 side by side with the VC and Wiiware Iso Loaders and that it doesnt matter if i use the CFG loader or Wiiflow

I understand that i'll have a bit of research ahead of me when it comes to installing, and setting up these programs and i intend to use "pimp my wii" to at least get a good base of the cios etc installed/updated.

What i'm looking for from you fine people is a point in the right direction so that i dont make a mistake that i'll regret on down the road.

2. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    you could try uLoader by Hermes. It loads game backups, and VC/Wiiware backups, all in one loader. But it only works with Hermes cios. I think it supports fat32 (most loaders do now, there is no real need to stay on wbfs anymore)

3. soulfoot
    OP

Newcomer soulfoot Member

United States
    it doesnt look bad either, do the other ones not run all 3 even with a bit of work?