Hacking Which "lite" flashcard has best gba compatability?

kokiri_link

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As the topic suggests....Im looking for a "lite" slot 2 flashcard, i want it primarily for playing gba games. I was wondering which one has the best compatability, and are there any that allow you to save like it was the real game cartridge? I have a supercard at the moment and the real time saving really annoys me
frown.gif
Any ideas?

Also would be a good idea if it could be used as a ram card for the ds browser as i just ordered my r4ds
wink.gif

Thanks guys!

zatelli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I own a G6 & I haven't encountered a single rom that wouldn't boot or have graphic glitches. It supports real time saving through patching. I'm confident this cart has perfect gba compatibility. However, if you want to use this slot-2 cart in conjunction with a slot-1 device to browse the internet using Opera browser, then given there's still no patch for the G6 to act as a RAM extension (I doubt there will), then you should go either for an M3 or a Supercard.

kokiri_link

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I own a G6 & I haven't encountered a single rom that wouldn't boot or have graphic glitches. It supports real time saving through patching. I'm confident this cart has perfect gba compatibility. However, if you want to use this slot-2 cart in conjunction with a slot-1 device to browse the internet using Opera browser, then given there's still no patch for the G6 to act as a RAM extension (I doubt there will), then you should go either for an M3 or a Supercard.

Thanks! would a g6 lite be the same? :/
I dont really want real time save...i just want to play the games like they were designed....
Thanks for teh info though!

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only M3 Lite can be used for both GBA roms and NDS browser. It has perfect GBA compatibility and it saves games the way original carts do.

kokiri_link

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only M3 Lite can be used for both GBA roms and NDS browser. It has perfect GBA compatibility and it saves games the way original carts do.
Great! Thank you! Looks like il be buying an m3 lite
biggrin.gif
Unless somebody would like to do a direct swap with a supercard sd+1gb (or 2gb) sd?

undyingforce

Trophies
Website
club.ign.com
XP
Country
United States
The best way to decide is by finding a friend that has one and physically testing the product yourself. If you can't here's my 2 cents:

I have several Slot 2 cards. My favorite is the EZ-Flash IV Lite (Deluxe) because of the flexible storage, perfect? compatibility (everything I've tried has worked) and it fit's flush in my DS Lite after I sanded it.

A Micro-SD solution is great because you can choose how much space you need. Aside from my games I have a TON of music on it that I can play back with moonshell.

The only regret about the cart is that I can't use it's internal RAM to get the DS browser working. From the specs it *should* be possible but no patch has been released yet. Maybe this will change in the future..

would it be possible to use a Micro sd card that i use for slot 1...for slot 2 as well?

meaning can i dump some clean GBA roms in my micro sd card which i use for m3 simply into a slot 2 CART?

sorry for the noob questions

Iron Savior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be possible to use a Micro sd card that i use for slot 1...for slot 2 as well?

meaning can i dump some clean GBA roms in my micro sd card which i use for m3 simply into a slot 2 CART?

sorry for the noob questions

What do you mean, exactly?

Do you mean, for example, a MicroSD card with GBA roms on it inserted into a R4DS (slot 1) and booting to a M3 Lite with an empty memory card slot and then accessing roms from the slot 1? I don't think that will work.

Or do you mean can you use the same micro SD card in both devices? As in when you're ready to play a GBA game, you take both carts out, swap out the MicroSD from the slot-1 device to the slot-2? I think that should work.

tacklebox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a EZ-Flash 4 with a R4. No trouble with either so far. The ezf4 plays GBA games great and the R4 plays NDS great. Both the ezf4 and the R4 use microSD. I have a 1gb card in each, havent tried swaping it.

seyfer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hum, i don't know what to choose, i want to play both DS and GBA roms in my DS, but i don't if shoul buy EZ-Flash IV deluxe pack or M3 Lite Micro SD + Passcard 3 (the perfect one). both seems good choices, but ez-flash is more cheap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.