Hardware which laptop suits me the best?

benno300

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm trying to find a new laptop here are the minimum specs I want: 
Full hd or hd ready screen 
4gb or more ram 
Videocard which can play minecraft and diablo 3 not anything heavier and i really have to be able to play minecraft in really good fps. 
Battery life of 4+ hours preferably more then 5-6 hours but not lower then 4 hours with normal browsing and such 
not to heavy 
Budget: 1100 euros 
I found some and this are the ones I think suit me the best: 
Msi ge60, samsung 5 series 550p or the new sony vaio ivy bridge model. 
Could someone please recommend me a other laptop then in the list if one is better or recommend me the best one of the list? 
Thank you very much, 

Benno 

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just looking at your first two suggestions quickly- the MSI GE60 and the Samsung Series 5 550P, I think the Samsung one would better fit your needs. The MSI one looks like more of a gaming laptop, and looks pretty thick and it weights 2.4kg/5lb. They both seem to have the same graphics card (2GB GeForce GT 650M) which should be fine for your needs, I think. The Samsung one looks more portable and more of a standard laptop.

That's just my initial impression; I'll write a more detailed answer later.

EDIT: Also, if you have the exact name/model # of the Sony Vaio laptop you mention, that would make it a lot easier for people to search for it.

benno300

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The samsung has a gt 630m though but rhank.you for your answer and im looking forward to your full reply
edit: srry i dony have aname for the sony its not out yet, but it has a 1080p ips screen gt 640 m and the rest is configurable, do you have any other suggestions on laptops wit the specs I want?

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Try the lenovo y580. It just came out and has an awesome gtx 660m which is a lot better than the 650m and 630m (notice the gtx). But it's also more of a gaming laptop.
Hmm, well there is a cheaper y570 which is with a gt 555m.

Reactions: 1 person

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
From what I've heard of Lenovo laptops they're a really good deal if you can get them on sale, and if they ship to you.

Are there any brands you prefer/don't want over others? What about Dell for example?

benno300

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you everyone for asking i will check lenovo.
And I havent heard a lot of good things about dell so i try to stay away from that and I.also heard that the hp pavilion series overheats fast.
I don't prefer or dislike any other brands

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It's not the entire HP Pavillion series that overheats, just certain models. Read the reviews for any laptop you're thinking of buying, because that's the only way to find out what the flaws are and how likely you are to get problems.

Dell has the greatest number of complaints out of any laptop company. They also have, by far, the greatest number of happy customers. The reason for this: they mass produce laptops on a much greater scale than any other company.

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
I checked lenovo and the y series isn't available in my country, any other suggestions?

Are you referring to the Netherlands?

To my knowledge, Originality is correct about HP. I own two Dell laptops (one from school, one 3 years old) and I've never had any problems with either *knocks on wood*. I also like/agree with Originality's other point about Dell.

benno300

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i checked on the dv6 but this model is tnd yo overheat and makes a lot of noise while using it.
I kinda think ill take either the msi ge60 or the new sony vaio when the release date and the pricing tag is available.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i checked on the dv6 but this model is tnd yo overheat and makes a lot of noise while using it.
I kinda think ill take either the msi ge60 or the new sony vaio when the release date and the pricing tag is available.
The dv6 is fine (from personal experience) for everyone. (It can do everything a PC can!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Probably like a 10,000 dollar build back then