• Total voters

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Like some maybe know, I'm still studying and currently I'm in the last year (thank god
rolleyes.gif
). Now, we have to write an big final exam, around 20 pages. I took the subject "Killergames", so games that are very bloody, were people get killed, etc and want to show that these games aren't bad like the media says.

Now, here's my question: I also have to do a practical part, and I want to do an experiment in which the people can play such a game. Now, the question is: Which one? It should be:
[*]Fast to get in [*]Easy to undertstand/play (nearly only girls at school
tongue.gif
)[*]Not too violent (it should shed a good light on those kind of games)

So, please vote, or give some names (preferably Wii-Games) and help me for a good final mark
smile.gif
!

-Blue-K

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Battlefield Heroes. Free, simple, easy, cartoony, characters customizable with different outfits (you want to appeal to girls, right?), people "bleed" points instead of, well, blood, and most of the players are a pleasant bunch and not a pack of filth-spewing prepubescent little idiots. Definitely shows killer games "aren't all that bad." That's the point you're trying to make, right?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Veho said:
Battlefield Heroes. Free, simple, easy, cartoony, characters customizable with different outfits (you want to appeal to girls, right?), people "bleed" points instead of, well, blood, and most of the players are a pleasant bunch and not a pack of filth-spewing prepubescent little idiots. Definitely shows killer games "aren't all that bad." That's the point you're trying to make, right?
Actually, yes, that's the point I'm trying to make
smile.gif
. Bad Part about this: School only has Macs with no rights for normal users, and getting hands on a PC is harder than taking my Wii
frown.gif

But thanks for the tip
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Violent games? Those are about as violent as bunnies compared to Manhunt or Thrill Kill. MadWorld was very, very violent, but it was also extremely funny which kind of edged it out. Scarface was also pretty violent for a Wii game, as was Manhunt 2.

Doom should also be there. While by today's standards it's not "violent", it was still pretty violent back then. The fact that it did complain more blood and gore than most games there, not to mention it was in the first person (which encouraged the act of actively shooting things) made it pretty bad. There's also the huge controversy with the Columbine shootings, Eric Harris, and Doom, but that's another topic.

If you were wondering, just as a fun fact, HotD: Overkill holds the world record for the most profanity in a video game. There is, in total, 189 uses of "fuck". Thank you, Wikipedia!

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked Call of Duty because its emotional violence also... if you have those deep thoughts I don't have and most others dont either. lol

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Shakraka said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Boot camp Windows (or whatever it's called) on the Macs.
QUOTE(Blue-K @ Oct 1 2009, 02:18 PM) Bad Part about this: School only has Macs with no rights for normal users
Way to read, bro.
Oops, didn't read the 'no rights for normal users' part
tongue.gif

Well, can't you bring your own PC or something? I don't know...

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Blue-K said:
I took the subject "Killergames", so games that are very bloody, were people get killed, etc and want to show that these games aren't bad like the media says.
The proper English translation for "Killerspiel" as a derogative term for video games of a violent nature would be "murder simulator"; "killer game" more refers to a killer app (a program that turns out to be one of the most important uses for the platform) in the video game sector.

As for the choice of a Wii "murder simulator", I think MadWorld would definitely be too gory to display that they are not "all that bad". The Metroid Prime series does not really qualify as a "murder simulator", being rated 12+ in Europe, which is pretty low for a first-person game including shooting (with the exception of Corruption in Germany, which is 16+, due to the USK somehow getting the idea that pointing with the Wii Remote and pulling a trigger on that remote makes the experience of shooting aliens with an arm cannon very realistic, a concern which also bumped up other shooters like Red Steel from 16+ to 18+).

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I voted on madword just because first person shooters might be a little hard to understand for people who have never played them before

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: