Hacking Which is the best way to load games on PS3: internal/external hdd? Folder or iso format?

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

which is in your opinion the best way to load ps3 games In order to minimize slowdown and loading times? Someone says that the best way is to use iso format in an external hdd, formatted on ntfs. Is it true? Or can I use an internal hdd with games in iso format too and i will have same performance?

I have a new 1TB Seagate hdd: it works without any issue as external hdd with iso games. But if I use it as internal hdd, some games have little slowdown during the opening full motion video or they have bigger loading times...i don't know why.
I don't have any issue if I use the original hdd of 120GB included in the ps3.
Is it better to buy an older 500GB hdd in order to use it without issue ad internal hdd?

thank you

brollikk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you want a WD hard drive formatted MBR and FAT 32 (i posted an instructional somehwere in this forum) all in one huge partition. Reason being NTFS only supports ISO format whereas FAT32 supports all formats (folder or ISO). Only issue is that fat32 has a 4gb file size limit, so you have to use split isos. Use ps3splitter to do this after downloading games in folder format. Nearly all my games are in this format and they run flawlessly. I took advice from a brazilian guy who posted in one of these threads who also ran into tons of problems trying ntfs as well as pure folder format. SPLIT ISO IS THE WAY TO GO ON A HUGE FAT 32/MBR PARTITION.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi thank you.

i bought a Toshiba 500GB, currently i'm trying some games in iso format in this internal hdd and thare aren't slowdown, it seems that everything is ok! I only noticed that for example tekken 6 has diffrent loading times. Sometimes for example the loading times at the beginning some times are 16sec, other times (if i turn off and turn on the console) 26/27 sec...i don't know why... and the loading times during characters select screen: sometimes it takes 4/5 seconds in order to display the character 3D model, other times (if I tunr off and turn on the ps3) 8 seconds...
I don't know the reason...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls