Which is the best slot 1 card for SDHC support?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by GatorDeb, Mar 15, 2008.

1. GatorDeb
    OP

GatorDeb GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2007
    United States
    Here's what's important to me:

* SDHC compatible
    * Action Replay cheat database compatible
    * In-game reset

And of course that it works with all games [​IMG]

Looking to spend under $40 shipped.

Thanks!

2. roboz

roboz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Japan(I wish)
    The only thing I can see with all those features and that price is a ttds(not including any memory card). But if you willing to spend the cash, you should get a cyclo.

3. ceelo

ceelo GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    ..Yknow I was waiting to get a DS EDGE but Im going to bite the bullet, pay the xtra cash and get a cyclo TOMORROW! thats right. Im going to buy a Cyclo because they seem to be simply the best.. better than all the rest...sry >_>

4. GatorDeb
    OP

GatorDeb GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2007
    United States
    What makes the CycloDS the best card? I'd pay $50-$60 for it if it's worth it. I have an R4 now which I've had for years and I love everything about it except no SDHC support, which is the only reason I'm looking for a new one. In fact I'm selling the R4 for another person so that her kid can use it, and they don't have a need for more than 40 games at a time. I just got an 8 gig MicroSD for $65 (also have a 4 gig for $23 which it's going to go to the phone instead) and it's great to have 200 games, NES, SNES, GBA, GB, and GBC all in one. I hate loading and unloading games, as soon as the 16 gigs MicroSD cards come out I'm getting one, because I'm already at over 8 gigs in my games folder (they haven't come out yet, right?). The only time I want the take the card out of the adapter is to add new games to it.

5. GatorDeb
    OP

GatorDeb GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2007
    United States
    BTW what's the difference between the Cyclo MicroSD and the Cycle Evolution?

And I hear they have a slot 1-slot 2 combos... any good places to buy that at?

Thanks! [​IMG]

6. techforumz

techforumz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2008
    United States
    One is slot-2. Just get the Evolution. The MicroSD, is the equivalent of the supercard lite. The Evolution is a slot-1, it mimics a normal DS card perfectly.

7. GatorDeb
    OP

GatorDeb GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2007
    United States
    Ended up with the CycloDS Evo for $60 shipped. A lot of places were out of stock. I already have the 3-in-1. I think I'm set [​IMG]

When do you think 16 gig MicroSD cards will come out? I think that would be sufficient for my needs.

8. techforumz

Jan 28, 2008
    United States
    Whoa! 16GB!!! You have even more "stuff" than me. To answer your question, probably Q1 2009/ Q4 2008. That's usually when they come out with all the 'new' stuff.

9. GatorDeb
    OP

GatorDeb GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2007
    United States
    Well I don't really like to delete, and I went over all the "homebrew" that has been released since the beginning and I'm up to 7.XX gigs or so (and I picked everything I could possibly ever want to try, just to see how much space it would take). Once you add in GB/GBC/NES/SNES/GBA, it pushes it over 8 gig. And that's not counting what will come out in the future. So a 16 gig card will hold up for a couple of years. I like to stick the card into the DS and leave it there. I got the 8 gig for $65 and the Evo for $60 and I'm selling the R4/2 gig SD card combo I have for $55, so that's only $70 outlay to upgrade. I can live with that.

10. techforumz

Jan 28, 2008
    United States
    I see, well have fun, I'm still waiting for mine...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice