• NEITHER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rwilts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see that 1.08 has been published and as i quickly downloaded it and backed up my SD card in preparation of its instillation it occurred to me that actually the last build of YASU had everything I want and looks great and works well SO WHY CHANGE!! So i havent

YET
biggrin.gif

Opinions?

YASU is a homebrew menu system kernal that can be installed in place of the standard TTDS/DSTT system kernal.

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yasu is much nicer IMO...
My main puporse why I use Yasu is the browser... since I have much ( VERY much) homebrew the list on the original firmware seems endless if Im searching an game... with that browser I can go trough the different folders = I can find my files much faster~
If the menu of the TTDS will not be changed I never change my firmware... ? Why I should if everythink works now like I like it ?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally don't like the files listed on the top screen, so I prefer the TTDS menu.

Hopefully, YSMENU will have more options in the future, including listing the files on the bottom screen so that you can use the touch screen to access them.

On the other hand, there are a lot of annoying things about the TTDS menu, including the fact that it can't sort the files, it doesn't allow you to arrange by folder, etc.

-Bri

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I personally don't like the files listed on the top screen, so I prefer the TTDS menu.

Hopefully, YSMENU will have more options in the future, including listing the files on the bottom screen so that you can use the touch screen to access them.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I like YSMENU's features, but I prefer TTMENU's GUI. Now, if both were combined (or, as Bri stated, the GUI option added to YSMENU)...

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/index_en.html

yasu is not a menu for dstt, yasu is the CODER
smile.gif

the menu is YSmenu
smile.gif

Yes, you're right. What I meant to say was that what the original post referred to as "YASU" is a homebrew menu system for the TTDS, and what the original post referred to as "TTDS" is the official menu system for the TTDS. In reality, I suppose the OP got both wrong, and it should say "TTMenu" and "YSMenu" instead of "TTDS" and "YASU."

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to the README file with the English version:

QUOTE said:
* What's this?
A Custom Kernel of TTMENU.DAT for DSTT.
The Loader is same as official kernel.
It will support other products (ex. R4, AceKard RPG) in the future.

-Bri

rwilts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri , i thought we were friends
laugh.gif

I bow to everyone else's better knowledge , but the question is still the same , which is better?

O and i would say that to describe it as a menu system does not do it justice as it 'auto patch' opera ... but i am sure that will be the wrong description as well
tongue.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rwilts, of course we are friends.

Probably "kernal" is the correct terminology, but more people understand "menu system."

Which is better depends on what's important to you, of course. Aesthetically, TTMenu is much better. But YSMenu does have some abilities that TTMenu doesn't have and it sorts the files alphabetically, which makes it better for some. I think that if YSMenu gets a better interface, it will blow TTMenu out of the water.

But I still can't get YSMenu to work with Opera without first running the GBA Loader to patch the Ewin expansion.

-Bri

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rwilts, of course we are friends.

Probably "kernal" is the correct terminology, but more people understand "menu system."

Which is better depends on what's important to you, of course. Aesthetically, TTMenu is much better. But YSMenu does have some abilities that TTMenu doesn't have and it sorts the files alphabetically, which makes it better for some. I think that if YSMenu gets a better interface, it will blow TTMenu out of the water.

But I still can't get YSMenu to work with Opera without first running the GBA Loader to patch the Ewin expansion.

-Bri

"kernel" would be the correct spelling.

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted for YSmenu purely for its better functionality if you have a large amount of data on your card.
The interface is clean, intuitive and easy to navigate at speed. Plus it also loads GBA games straight from the menu.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anybody have screenshots of how the YSMenu looks loaded on the DSTT? I don't have one so I wouldn't know, but everyone is saying its very functional and clean so I'm curious
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1