Which is better for xbox live

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by shanefromoz, Apr 6, 2011.

1. shanefromoz
    OP

shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2007
    Hi all,

Just wondering which connection is better for xbox live between a wired connection and the wireless n adaptor for xbox 360?
    I just want to know if one is quicker then the other.

Cheers Shane

2. Nebz

Nebz The N00b

Jul 1, 2010
    United States
    Rhode Island
    Wired for sure.

With wireless plugged in my connection would drop randomly and take me out of HD movie viewing in Netflix or sometimes out of the movie all together (Yes, I have it locked....).
    With an Ethernet plugged in, I've never experienced such issues unless I am on my computer downloading a hefty amount. Even being right next to the router, the connection would fluctuate.

If you can use a Wire, I suggest doing so....

3. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    less packet loss for wired cnxn

then again i see very little difference, but if you want to really know then yes wired is better - not much better but then again that depends how far away the router is away from the 360

4. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    If you have a decent connection, you will find that a Wireless connection will never come close to having the same speed as a wired connection.

5. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Wired is always preferred but wireless is far from terrible.

I'm wireless (mainly because it's quite a hassle to drill a hole in my floor and get my Xbox wired up) and it's not that bad. I got a cheap used MadCatz wireless adapter for like $40 online and it works pretty well.