Which is AWESOMER?Acekard2i vs. EzflashVi

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Dinoguy, Aug 20, 2009.

Aug 20, 2009
  1. Dinoguy
    OP

Member Dinoguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I cant decide
    Acecard has great support and is supported by dsi 1.4 but has not so good cheat code handling(having to create each one using a program,I have too many games so...) Its review told me that it had a gba menu on it,did the recent updates in AKIO/acekard official updates take that out?

The EZV has the same supports as the acekard like dsi 1.4,but I dont like the menus layout (prefering the cyclods like acekard's2i)but it has support for ARDS file which i can easily obtain via the action replay ds program (the disk that comes with the product,and can also be downloaded via gbatemp downloads)

Please give me the answer to which is best and why.

2. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    i think ak is way better

3. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    There's other flashcarts besides the acekard2i/EZ Flash Vi but I supposed you're only mentioning those because they have 1.4 fix.

W/e I'm tired of getting pissed at people about this.

I vote acekard.

4. Dinoguy
    OP

United States
    I ony mentioned the two since those are the greatest dsi compatible ones to me so far,and I dont need the 1.4 fix since my dsi is still 1.0 ,its pretty useless since I dont want to update it, but theres always the chance of nintendo throwing something really cool into the dsi that will be update and play the new game or just try it on an emulater on your pc(if possible,most likely not) so that 1.4 fix is handy,since it use a games id ,cant see a easy way to block it.

oh and Thanks for the quick responses.

5. 47vzv

Newcomer 47vzv Member

United States
    deppends if you wana play gba games and ds games i reccomend ez flash

6. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    ^ That made no sense. Well I choose the Ak just because its more stable and has akaio [​IMG] than the Ez Flash Vi. This doesn't mean the Ez Flash Vi is bad its just unstable and buggy. [​IMG]

7. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    The DSi doesn't have a GBA slot.

And OP if you want updateablitliy I suggest you get the SCDS1i or M3i Zero because they have the USB updater which doesn't require your DSi to be on a version that works to install a fix.

And yes I do realize both of them haven't released yet but they've said they're working on it and it supposedly should be ready this week (for the m3i zero anyways).

8. Dinoguy
    OP

United States
    sorry forgot to mention I own a ds lite so I can update via that.
    And I cant seem to find a review on the m3i,has it been made yet?
    Edit:I own a dsi, and am planning on getting a flashcart for that,not to be confused about me having a ds lite and wanting a dsi cart(that be dumb wouldn't it?)
    Thanks.Now Im positive ordering an acekard is a good idea

9. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You don't need a cheat code program for the AK, it takes dat/xml and maybe other files. But the AK does build a cheat file on the ak for each game, but its done automatically... (M3 did the same, i think)
    I like the AK2 and EZ Flash VI, but EZ flash team has given me slow/buggy update. They seem to not know what they are doing, but they do try in my opinion. They are also adopting Moonshell 2.0 now, i think.

Review for M3i

http://dsdatabase.org/blog/2009/07/m3i-zero-hands-on/

10. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You do realize you posted in the Acekard forum which is more than likely to vote for Acekard. [​IMG].