Gaming Which IOSes should I patch to get WADs to run from the SD card menu?

DreamcastBoy99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Wii has 512 MB of space.
The SD Card I’m using is a 32 GB one.
I want to be able to install a bunch of games using this wonderful WAD manager since I can’t buy the games anymore and the Wii Shop Channel is gonna shut down soon.

I in case I run out of space on my Wii I put the WAD installed Sonic 4 on the SD card menu as an experiment, and it fails to launch from there so I delete it.

I’ve heard you can get the games to work through the SD card menu by patching your system menu....but which patch should I snag?

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You must patch the IOS of the system menu: IOS80 if you have SM 4.3, IOS70 if you have SM 4.2, or IOS60 if you have SM 4.0 or 4.1. I suggest you use ModMii to download the IOS WAD patched with fakesigning and install it with a WAD Manager.

Reactions: DreamcastBoy99

DreamcastBoy99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must patch the IOS of the system menu: IOS80 if you have SM 4.3, IOS70 if you have SM 4.2, or IOS60 if you have SM 4.0 or 4.1. I suggest you use ModMii to download the IOS WAD patched with fakesigning and install it with a WAD Manager.
Got it, but will it affect RiiConnect24?

DreamcastBoy99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to have RiiConnect24 & Fakesigning on the IOS80 then you should use just the IOS Patcher from RiiConnect24. I'm pretty sure that this one patches the IOS80 with fakesigning as well. Then install the resulting WAD with a WAD Manager.
Apparently it just downloads the files before patching them so I can't figure out a way to patch the fakesigned one

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Apparently it just downloads the files before patching them so I can't figure out a way to patch the fakesigned one
I just checked the script contained in IOS Patcher (v1.9.0-BugFix1). Indeed, although this only shows "Downloading" and the percentage of progress when downloading IOS31 and IOS80, it also patches both IOS with RiiConnect24, Fakesigning, ES-Identify and NAND Permissions.

EDIT: You can also try RiiConnect24-Patcher that seems a bit more updated but I think the applied patches are the same.

Last edited by gburgue,
Reactions: DreamcastBoy99

DreamcastBoy99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked the script contained in IOS Patcher (v1.9.0-BugFix1). Indeed, although this only shows "Downloading" and the percentage of progress when downloading IOS31 and IOS80, it also patches both IOS with RiiConnect24, Fakesigning, ES-Identify and NAND Permissions.

EDIT: You can also try RiiConnect24-Patcher that seems a bit more updated but I think the applied patches are the same.
Yep. All it took was a simple update of the patches to fix my problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c