Hacking Which IOS is best to use with Preloader?

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated my Wii today and did a few new installs, preloader among them. But I'm wondering, which IOS is best to use as the default for preloader? And does the IOS that's loaded ever really need to be changed? Are there advantages to using one over another? And if so, what are they?

I have noticed though that if I load IOS 249, I can't access my Wii settings. That's solved of course by simply loading IOS 60. Not sure if there are any other strange things like this that other folks have found. I'm on 4.1, by the way with rev 14 and a D2Pro mod installed.

Also after the updates today, my channel stopped loading Gamecube discs. It should however due to the mod chip. I remember last time that the region-free GC option in preloader was interfering with loading GC backups, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time. Any suggestions what could be causing the interference?

I used xzxero's simplistic mod also. The last thing I installed was step 8 - MIOS patcher v8.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That MIOS patcher broke the GC functions. You don't need it since you have a chip. Download a wad of a MIOS using NUS Downloader and install it with wad manager.

Use IOS60 in preloader. There really is no reason to change the setting.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
cIOS rev14 does not contain support for loading GameCube discs (backup or not) via the Disc Channel. It also tends to freeze up the Wii Settings, as you said.

As mentioned above, you don't need to bother with patching MIOS, or cIOS even. (Though cIOS is handy for USB loading and some homebrew.)

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
kid sampson said:
I have noticed though that if I load IOS 249, I can't access my Wii settings.

I had the exact same problem, setting the IOS back to 60 solved it then. I read somewhere that it is recommended to set it to 249 but... wont work.

Thought my Wii is defective...

BenieUK

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I have noticed though that if I load IOS 249, I can't access my Wii settings.

Works great with rev 9 but then wont work with newer games
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night