Which ios do i pick for installer for WiiGator's cMOIS

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by tagzard, May 5, 2011.

1. tagzard
    OP

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    So when i load installer for WiiGator's cMOIS which i downloaded from here. When i launch it it says "Select which IOS to load." I have no idea what to pick. Help.

2. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    One with the trucha bug enabled. This will generally be a cIOS or an Old IOS on older out of date wiis. Syscheck GX can tell you if you have any such IOS available. Run it and check. If not use modmii to hack your wii and see how that works for you. [​IMG]

3. tagzard
    OP

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    No see i did hack it with modmii. It ask me what ios do i want to load. Which one! 36 or higher or lower

4. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

36 ios or 236 cios

5. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    Okay, school is in session, sit down boys and girls.

Certain homebrew, in order to gain access to parts of the Wii that are normally not made available need to use cIOS or IOS with certain bugs present. WiiGator's cMIOS installer requires a cIOS/IOS that has the Trucha Bug present in order to install Titles into the Wii. So when WiiGator's cMIOS Installer asks what IOS to use to install the cMIOS you can select any cIOS or patched IOS that you have already on your Wii. Since you hacked you Wii using ModMii, you should already have a patched IOS236 installed, so use IOS236.

Dismissed.

LOL, got ninja'd by zizer [​IMG]

-[]D

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Since i guess you want to use it to play gamecube backups, i guess you installed a cIOS as IOS249 anyways, so if you don't have IOS236, use IOS249. And if even that fails, just try some more, worst case is that it either doesn't work, or your wii crashes and you need to reboot.

Oh and patched IOS don't have the trucha bug, they ignore the signature completely, so you could install stuff that is not even trucha signed.

7. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    WiiPower, wait... I get that cIOS may no longer use the fakesign bug code any longer and just "ignore the signature completely", not to familiar with the innards of cIOS, but aren't patched IOS like that from the IOS236 installer or MMM just slapped with the old fakesign code from older IOS revisions and isn't this independent of the Title being installed having a fakesigned signature beforehand?

EDIT: tagzard, sorry for hijacking your thread for a bit here, school is in session for me now lol.

-[]D