Which Homebrew app is the best for reading books?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Madguy, Jun 12, 2010.

Jun 12, 2010
  1. Madguy
    OP

Newcomer Madguy Newbie

United States
    Hey I was just wondering which app should I download to view books in? I already use moonshell to read books but I would like a better app if there is one. I already browsed and saw these three

-DSReader
    -ReadMore
    -DSLibris

Which out of these three should I get? Oh yeah, if there are better apps for reading books, please tell me so I can get it.

Thank you.

2. distorted.freque

Member distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Canada
    I only ever tried DSReader out of the three, besides Moonshell, and I personally prefer Moonshell, though it doesn't have dual-screens for reading. >:

Why not just try all three of them and see which one you prefer? *shrugs*

3. Madguy
    OP

Newcomer Madguy Newbie

United States
    Yeah I'm doing that right now, I just hoped that there was someone out there that would have saved me some time and tell me what's crap and what's good or if there is another unlisted app that is better than the ones I posted.

4. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    i use moonshell myself, it does the job just fine.

you can change the settings (select button) to display text on the top screen

5. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    I've tried both DSReader and DSLibris. DSReader was better as converting for DSLibris was a pain.

But DSReader sometimes repeats lines and even whole paragraphs on the lower screen.

I now use MoonShell 2 for my .txt reading. Now I can even listen to the book on tape with it if I so choose and the text looks better imo.

6. Stormwave

Member Stormwave GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You might aswell try my TextDS2 also [​IMG]. In novel mode it works pretty well for reading books (I've read two novels on it myself so far). It remembers what page you were on, touchscreen page turning, truetype font rendering, word wrapping etc.

7. badnat

Member badnat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    DSLibris is great. Nice features and such. Just use calibre to convert all your books to epub. And make sure none of your books have "&" or other irregular characters in the filename or the program won't start a second time.

8. Fluffbutt

Fluffbutt Newbie

Does DSLibris and Calibre support cbr cbz?

And if Calibre converts, does DSLibris read then as comics, like a windows comic book reader?

I'm after something that will read cbr cbz comics, but not ComicBookDS (not saying it's bad, I just can;t use PictoDS, no java, no intention of installing java).