Homebrew which "Hax" can you still get? And how would one go about doing it?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
On 9.3 and higher, there is no option for CFW. Like the header at the top of this forum section says, installing CIAs (and hence CFW) is only possible on 9.2 and below. Your options for hax are themehax, Youtube, and one of the new browserhax (sliderhax on O3DS/stagefright on N3DS) and maybe ironhax, if your friend managed to get Ironfall way back when.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On 9.3 and higher, there is no option for CFW. Like the header at the top of this forum section says, installing CIAs (and hence CFW) is only possible on 9.2 and below. Your options for hax are themehax, Youtube, and one of the new browserhax (sliderhax on O3DS/stagefright on N3DS) and maybe ironhax, if your friend managed to get Ironfall way back when.
Is themehax stable? That one seems convienient

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
On my 9.0 N3DS, I've never seen it fail to boot, at all. Your mileage on other firmwares and consoles may vary, though.

vhaines

Trophies
XP
Country
themehax is my favorite, offline no need for internet connection, and set it auto boot, boom and it became coco krunch haha :D

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the help guys!

So I use Gateway, and I'm not too... literate... on... these hax. That said, what are the odds a custom firmware will happen? I mean we've got that entry point; we just need to find a way in for kernel access, correct?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So I use Gateway, and I'm not too... literate... on... these hax. That said, what are the odds a custom firmware will happen?

If you mean CFW for 9.3+, I wouldn't count on it for a long time (I do hope I'm wrong, though, I'd like emunand higher than 9.5 for N3DS, lol). There's a rumour going around that something will be released in like a week (https://gbatemp.net/threads/discuss...onna-be-a-big-one.398581/page-25#post-5731328) but I'd take that with an extreme grain of salt at this point..

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: