which hardware should I get

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by TMcMahon, Sep 18, 2006.

Sep 18, 2006
  1. TMcMahon
    OP

Newcomer TMcMahon Newbie

United States
    Hey, I have a regular NDS and I want to be able to emulate NES SNES and maybe some of my MAME stuff if possible. And maybe play some MP3's or movies. The MP3 and Movie part isn't as important.

I have read a bunch of stuff, and I can't figure out what route is the best for what I want to do.

Battery life is important
    Portability too, Its nice iif the device doesn't stick out 9 miles beyond the DS

Can anybody help me

Tim

2. pinbi7

Member pinbi7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    all of the flash carts are good for emulation, but if you really want portable emulation i'd have to recommend either the PSP or the GBA SP

i own
    GBA SP + F2A (best emulation console i ever owned) pocketnes + Snes Advance + goomba + PCE + Coleco + atari + many more

DS + M3 (heard it was good,but haven't tried it yet) all of the above(but improved i guess???)

PSP(my current emulation platform) plays pretty much anything before 1996,including CPS2, woot!!!

3. TMcMahon
    OP

Newcomer TMcMahon Newbie

United States
    I guess mostly I just want to emulate on the DS since thats what I got.

If I get the M3 or G6 or something similar, do I need to flash the bios on the DS?

If so what hardware do I need to do that?

4. SomeGuyGG

Member SomeGuyGG GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Get a portable xbox.

5. ridgecity

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    I guess nothing can beat your PSP for emulators, Ok, only Sony and their firmaware updates do.

I don't like the M3 NES emulator since it has to compress the screen a little bit since the ds resolution is a little smaller. It's not very noticiable but I don't like it.

6. TMcMahon
    OP

Newcomer TMcMahon Newbie

United States
    thanks someguy! really helpful! I ask for some help about how to get my DS to work and you write back with "get a portable xbox"...

thats simply the best advice I've ever had from a forum!