Hardware Which Graphic Experience is Better 3DS or PS Vita?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
This has got to be the dumbest topic I've ever seen. That's like asking which is better: Living in a box, or living in a luxurious mansion?

As much as I enjoy my 3DS, the PS Vita obviously has superior graphics.

EDIT: To further clarify, I like the 3D, but I have it off most of the time, as it has more cons than pros (Drains battery faster, can't move the 3DS around much, etc.). So far, the only game I've really seen it enhance is SM3DL. I don't see 3D being a huge game changer, but it's neat to have, and I definitely want to see how developers can use it in games themselves, rather than just having the game in 3D.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
This has got to be the dumbest topic I've ever seen. That's like asking which is better: Living in a box, or living in a luxurious mansion?

As much as I enjoy my 3DS, the PS Vita obviously has superior graphics.
I think its still a matter of opinion and some do consider the 3DS graphics better than the Vita because it has "3D" and that somehow makes it better than better hardware with a nice and big OLED screen.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
The Vita destroys the 3DS in every way graphically, including the size and vibrancy of the display. Sure it doesn't have 3D, but I would rather have gorgeous 2D over poorly implemented, jaggy, choppy 3D on a tiny screen.

Now you will hear many Nintendo fanboys in this thread tell you the 3DS is somehow, magically, superior. Do not trust the opinion of these imbeciles, they are likely both poor and under the age of 12, and have definitely never come within a mile of a Vita in their lives, so their skewed fanboy opinion is worthless.

Reactions: 6 people

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
The Vita destroys the 3DS in every way graphically, including the size and vibrancy of the display. Sure it doesn't have 3D, but I would rather have gorgeous 2D over poorly implemented, jaggy, choppy 3D on a tiny screen.

Now you will hear many Nintendo fanboys in this thread tell you the 3DS is somehow, magically, superior. Do not trust the opinion of these imbeciles, they are likely both poor and under the age of 12, and have definitely never come within a mile of a Vita in their lives, so their skewed fanboy opinion is worthless.
This is fantastic and so true and after reading this I found that the thread can be closed with your post repeated to everyone who has that mindset and wants to start another thread like this.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the key you guys are missing here (as another user mentioned a few pages ago) is that he asks which provides a better graphical EXPERIENCE, not which has better graphics. And I think between the HD of the Vita and the 3D of the 3DS, among things like the typical colorfulness Nintendo tends to utilize in their first party titles or the "darker" look that Sony games tend to have, it's definitely a matter of opinion. If the question was "which has better graphics", the clear answer would be "Vita". However, that's not the question being asked here.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the key you guys are missing here (as another user mentioned a few pages ago) is that he asks which provides a better graphical EXPERIENCE, not which has better graphics. And I think between the HD of the Vita and the 3D of the 3DS, among things like the typical colorfulness Nintendo tends to utilize in their first party titles or the "darker" look that Sony games tend to have, it's definitely a matter of opinion. If the question was "which has better graphics", the clear answer would be "Vita". However, that's not the question being asked here.
Graphical experience hmmm....still Vita. Bigger screen plus great graphics = a better experience than headache enduing 3D on a tiny screen. How good the graphics is does affect you good the experience is to the player so better graphics tend to give a better experience when gaming, not always but its most of the time.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Graphical experience hmmm....still Vita. Bigger screen plus great graphics = a better experience than headache enduing 3D on a tiny screen.
In your opinion: Which is precisely what the op is looking for. Good job! :P

At any rate, the only Gamestop close by to me doesn't have a Vita Demo available, so I unfortunately haven't had a chance to test it. :( But just based on what I know, I'm not sure WHAT I would honestly prefer... I suppose I could cheat and say "PSVita graphics with 3D", but I won't. I am honestly very disappointed that Nintendo didn't splurge a bit more on the graphics to better match the Vita but, at the same time, after playing the 3DS for so long, I've gotten addicted to the 3D. it's to the point that I literally feel depressed playing N64 emulator games on my phone. lol.

But who knows... I'm thinking not, but I MAY get a Vita SOMEWHERE down the line... when that time comes (and it won't come until at least a price drop, much more games, and maybe a hack), perhaps I'll write a comparison review.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to get the Vita once its hacked. I could care less about online.
I already have the 3DS, PS3, PSP, PS2, DS, and a Wii to keep me entertained still have so many games that I didn't beat on those consoles.

BlazeV

Trophies
XP
Country
Vita. Everyone already made it clear that the Vita gives a better expierence than the 3ds even the fanboys can't argue with that really.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have both (3ds since launch, vita one week ago), And its definitivelly the vita that gives the best graphic experience.

The 3D of the 3DS and the overall graphics are very good, but the vita is just outstanding, have a look at uncharted, and consider it's just a launch game...

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS has an overall better visual experience to me because of the 3D

of course angle is a big limit but u still get 3D gaming without glasses and without wasting a lot of money on a 3D tv/pc

PSVita sure has the graphics but they are nothing special, we've been watching them since something like 2005 Xbox360, they are even on the Infinity Blade of the iphone

BlazeV

Trophies
XP
Country
3DS has an overall better visual experience to me because of the 3D

of course angle is a big limit but u still get 3D gaming without glasses and without wasting a lot of money on a 3D tv/pc

PSVita sure has the graphics but they are nothing special, we've been watching them since something like 2005 Xbox360, they are even on the Infinity Blade of the iphone
The vita just launched and it already had games to show off what is probably not even the best of its graphics. so in a year or so when devs will start to really push the console the graphics will most certainly surpess the 3ds and make it look like a child's toy in comparasion.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Observe, children...
Vita. Everyone already made it clear that the Vita gives a better expierence than the 3ds even the fanboys can't argue with that really.
...Accuses anyone who prefers the 3D experience of the 3DS a fanboy

AND...

The vita just launched and it already had games to show off what is probably not even the best of its graphics. so in a year or so when devs will start to really push the console the graphics will most certainly surpess the 3ds and make it look like a child's toy in comparasion.
...Then makes a VERY fanboyish post :ha:

I really don't see why it's hard for people to understand that some people would honestly prefer 3D over HD graphics. It's just a preference, yet all the Sony fanboys are going "haha, 3DS fanboys just can't admit that the Vita is OBVIOUSLY superior in every way!" Again, if this were a question if "which has better graphics", then the clear answer would be Vita,hands down. but that's not the question, the question is which provides a better graphics EXPERIENCE, which is COMPLETELY a matter of opinion since both systems offer a major graphical feature that the other doesn't (3D on the 3DS, HD graphics on the Vita).

Please people, let's respect everyone's opinion. It's what the op wants, after all. ;)

But back on topic, +1 about the Vita's entry-level graphics. I'm really looking forward to see how the bounds get pushed! :D

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Not everyone sorry. I prefer my Revelations 3D experience over Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (in exemple). Same goes for Army Corps of Hell on Vita. That said, 3D experience is define by game developers and not the console.

Pip'

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Not everyone sorry. I prefer my Revelations 3D experience over Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (in exemple). Same goes for Army Corps of Hell on Vita. That said, 3D experience is define by game developers and not the console.

Pip'
And I prefer Disgaea over a shooter anyday but i'm actually curious I went and saw a 3D movie lately and it was fine, it looks better and I didn't get a headache or anything but when I use the 3DS's 3D I get a headache, is there something wrong with the 3DS's 3D or is it just me?

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
And I prefer Disgaea over a shooter anyday but i'm actually curious I went and saw a 3D movie lately and it was fine, it looks better and I didn't get a headache or anything but when I use the 3DS's 3D I get a headache, is there something wrong with the 3DS's 3D or is it just me?
Could be a whole host of factors. For one, glasses free 3D is VERY different from the 3D in movie theaters, which require glasses. For two, how long have you tried to play with 3D on? Because I had a consistent sense of dizziness the first 2 days after playing Zelda 3D when I first got my 3DS (something like 4 hours of gameplay), but I've had no problems ever since. For three, it could very well be, unfortunately, something your body just doesn't like. Same how I just can't play video games on a bus or in the car cuz I get extreme motion sickness, but many other people are fine.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Could be a whole host of factors. For one, glasses free 3D is VERY different from the 3D in movie theaters, which require glasses. For two, how long have you tried to play with 3D on? Because I had a consistent sense of dizziness the first 2 days after playing Zelda 3D when I first got my 3DS (something like 4 hours of gameplay), but I've had no problems ever since. For three, it could very well be, unfortunately, something your body just doesn't like. Same how I just can't play video games on a bus or in the car cuz I get extreme motion sickness, but many other people are fine.
I tried it for 20 minutes with SSFIV on my 3DS and then got a headache so I turned it off, I tried again later that day but same result so I just kept it off up until now.

I can't play my DS on the bus and in the car but somehow I can play my Vita and PSP, don't know why but its happens. I actually after saying how much 3D sucks found that 3D movies are pretty awesome but the 3DS's 3D is still crap to me.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't know about the PSP, but the Vita has a much better amoled screen. My android also has a Super AMOLED screen, and interestingly enough, I don't get headaches using it in the car. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead